Search for content in message boards

Harris' from Charlotte County

John Harris (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Harris, Saint John, Hazelwood, Almond
Looking for relations to the Harris family from Charlotte County, VA. Earliest Harris that we're aware of is Charles, born ca 1715. Others in order of generation, and their wives include, Charles II and Ann Hazelwood, Joseph I and Joanna Almond, and Joseph II and Nancy St. John. Looking for connections to any of the above family lines. I have some other detailed info that we can share if a connection is found.

Harris

Nancy Huffman (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
I only have a couple of Harris who were from Charlotte Co.
Elizabeth (Betsy) Harris was born in 1785 near Butterwood Creek and died in 1877. She married Isham Harvey 8/31/1813 and was the mother to my ggrandmother Elizabeth Harvey.
Betsy's father was Robert Harris and I do not know anything about him.

Good Luck, Nancy

Fran Traylor (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Stanley, Childress, Harris
I have Joseph Harris married to Nancy St John-11/6/1804, in Campbell Co., VA. Their daughter, Rebecca Ann Harris
married my gggGrandfather, Lafayette H Childress, 7/7/1841 in Charlotte Co., VA. Rebecca Ann died of consumption in Charlotte Co., Va on 3/1/1870. I have more detailed info. to share if a connection is found.

Good Luck,
Fran Traylor
Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: Harris' from Charlotte County

Sandi Spradlin-McClanahan (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2001 1:39AM GMT
I have same information on Lafayette H. Childress 1820
married Rebecca A. Harris 1823-1870
Child- Samuel W. Childress 1860

I have lots more information too!!!!

write back soon

Posted: 28 Jul 2005 1:03AM GMT
Surnames: Harris, Childress
I may be related Sarah Harris, who is the daughter of Joseph and Nancy St. John Harris. She married Robert H. Childress in Charlotte Co, VA in 1841. Looking for info that will help me determine if my Robert Childress is this Robert Childress. If it is, the Harris' are my ancestors as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: 11 Sep 2012 6:43PM GMT
Lafayette Childress and Rebecca A.Harris had son named Samuuel W. Childress. Father to Samual W. Childress 1860 married to Rosa t. 1871. Do u have any information on Rosa.
She would have been my gggrandmother.her daughter was Willie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic