Search for content in message boards

Prechel, Aschbrenner, Mathwig and Lemke

Prechel, Aschbrenner, Mathwig and Lemke

Linda Payne Smith (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PRECHEL, ASCHBRENNER, MATHWIG, LEMKE
Looking for information about my ancestors who lived in Marathon County in the 1800's, particularly the Lemke, Prechels and Mathwig ancestors who all died in Marathon County. Would love to know more about these families.

C. Lemke photograph

Frieda Patrick Davison (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: LEMKE
In a recent gift to our library, there was an early studio photograph of a man in a military uniform. At the bottom of the photograph is "C. LEMKE * Wausau, Wis." We believe this to be the photographer rather than the soldier. Would like to have additional information on this C. LEMKE.

Ashbrenner

Posted: 27 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Sep 2001 4:22AM GMT
Surnames: Ashbrenner, Prechel, Mathwig, Kluender
I have limited information on Friedrich Ashbrenner (parents are Friedrich and Wilhelmine Mathwig). His wife was Bertha Kluender who's parents were Heinrich and Louisa Prechel. Is this the family you are interested in? He was born Feb 1839 in Germany.

C. Lemke

Posted: 29 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Mar 2004 8:59PM GMT
Surnames: LEMKE
Greetings! You are correct in assuming the name C. Lemke represents a photographer working in Wausau, WI in the 1880s. The Lemke studio was one of the first in the area and I have pictures of some of my relatives taken in his studio at that time. For more information about him, you may wish to consult a book which I believe is titled: "An Early History of Marathon County, Wisconsin" by Louis Marchetti published ca. 1913? The book may be available by contacting the Jahnke Bookstore in Wausau, WI. It may be possible to borrow it by interlibrary loan also. If you have more information about the various branches of the Lemke family, I would appreciate knowing what you have since I am researching one branch for my own family history. Thanks!
John K
Posted: 18 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Feb 2002 11:53PM GMT
Surnames: Bartelt, Schwahn, Riebe, Schramm, Muelling
Have located a record showing that a Johann Gottlieb Ferdinand KLEINSCHMIDT married in 1843, Langkafell, Pommern, Friedriche Charlotte Sophie SCHWANN, who was born 19 October, 1823 in Langkafel.
She died 18 September, 1865 and was the daughter of Gottlieb BARTELT. Their known sons were Carl August and Johann Carl Robert, born in Hindenburg, Pommern. I think this may be a sister to Wilhelmine SCHWAHN who married Johan BARTELT in the same place and came to Wisconsin in about 1856. Would like to contact any descendants.

Lemke Family in Marathon Co.

Posted: 19 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lemke, Mathwig, Mathwick
Since one of my ancestors was Fredericke LEMKE who came to U.S. and Marathon Co. in 1865 from Pommern, Germany, I have some information on LEMKE family. However, there are several lines - do you have names you want to trace?
Also, please be aware that I have encountered two spellings of one of the other families you are seeking; MATHWIG is sometimes also spelled MATHWICK in certain records.

Easton, Wausau Families

Posted: 20 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Schmutzler, Traeger, Krueger, Baumann, Lemke, Kickbusch, Meilahn, Crass
Hello! The families listed above were living in the Townships of Easton or Wausau, or other areas in Marathon Co. during the 1850's - 1900. I have been researching some specific branches of these families for some time and have information if you have some connections to any of these. Also, since I grew up in the Town of Easton, I know that the Rick and Mueller families were members of St. John LC-MS on County Hwy Z in Town of Easton. Some Schlei families were members of Zion LC-MS (Star Rd., Aniwa) also in Easton. Do you have the 1976 Centennial History of the Town of Easton? - should be available in Marathon Co. Library, or by loan and might be helpful.

John

Wausau Ancestors

Dan Miller (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Seipp, Dern, Heise, Pagenkopf, Callies, Schlei, Schuneman, Mueller, Kraemer, Schubring, Rick
Several of my ancestors arrived in the Wausau area 1850's - 1880's

Conrad Seipp 1870's m. Anna Dern and lived on Jackson Street with Mother Christine and brother John. Anna was daughter to Anton Dern, 1850's who owned the Great Northern Hotel in Wausau. Conrad and Anna's daughter Nina was my grandmother.

Conrad Pagenkopf 1870's m.Frederike Callies lived on Washington Street. They had several children, one of which was my great - grandfather Albert Pagenkopf. The Pagenkopf's had some friendship to the Schlei families of Easton and Oconomowac. My grandfather married Anna Pagenkopf from Oconomowoc. Her father Frederick was a brother to Theodore Schlei in Easton.

Julius Mueller, 1870's who had a farm in Easton. I believe he had a brother Theodore who also owned a farm in Easton. They had several children, one of which was my grandfather Anton (changed spelling of last name to Miller) Other surnames connected to the Muellers through marriage include Schubring and Rick who also owned farms in the Easton area.

I have a fair amount of information on these families collected doing research about twelve years ago. It includes materials from the Wausau Centennial Papers, Stevens Point archives, Marathon County library and courthouse and personal interviews.

Would like to hear from others doing similar research and compare notes. Have broad information on families 1870's - 1940's. Scant information on origins in Germany which I would like to explore further.

Wausau Families

Posted: 12 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 1:30PM GMT
I am related to Robert E. Parcher who was the mayor in 1891-1893. He died in Wausau on Dec 4,1907. He was born in Troy, Vermont on Dec 6, 1938 the son of Robert and Lucretia G. (Kenny) Parcher. On June 12, 1865 he married Mary H. Single, daughter of Charles and Elizabeth (Taylor) Single.

St. Mary's Hospital was built on property owned by Robert and Mary.

Do you have any further information on this family
Posted: 7 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Sep 2001 4:22AM GMT
Surnames: Prechel, Aschbrenner, Klunder
I wish I could help here but I don't have much on this family either. I think Louise Prechel immigrated to Marathon County in 1868. She would be about 20 years older than Wilhelmine Prechel so it is possible that they are sisters but not probable. I don't have any parents found for Louise yet so it is hard to say. I will let you know if I turn up anything on that family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic