Search for content in message boards

Fernandes/Goncalves

Fernandes/Goncalves

Carrol Lucas (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 1999 11:29PM GMT
My grandfather was John Fernandes born June 17, 1892- Aug. ? 1991. My grandmother was Amelia ? Goncalves born: April 9, 1895- Jan. ? 1987. Moved to Fall River, Mass. in the U.S. Married in Azores, in St. Vincents church. cajun@arn.net PLEASE, I want to know my haratage, in proud to be a decendent from Portugal. Can anyone please help my?

Portuguese roots

José Paulo Alcobia Neves (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 1999 4:04PM GMT
Dear Carol,
I´m not well informed about the families from the Portuguese autonomies. I'm just ansewring to suggest you to write to the São Vicente church with all the references you have and than, if you get the wedding certificate you´ll see the age and birth land of your grandparents. The next step will be to ask for the baptism registrations of your ancestors and so on.
About the origins of the family names Fernandes and Gonçalves, their both "patronimicos", this means that most probably about the 14th or 15th century a son of a Fernando became Fernandes and a son of a Gonçalo became Gonçalves. That´s why there are many different families with this same names.
Good luck.

Fernandes, Goncalves

Carrol Marie Fernandes, Lucas (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 1999 8:09PM GMT
Thank you so much !!!! I will do that, God bless you !!!!!

Re: Fernandes/Goncalves

Posted: 18 Sep 2002 4:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Carol , This is your little bro Mark A Fernandes, from Ludlow Massachusetts hope to hear from you soon I miss
you Love Mark
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions