Search for content in message boards

Looking for Babbitt married to Sarah E. Babbitt

Looking for Babbitt married to Sarah E. Babbitt

Posted: 5 Mar 2006 8:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Babbitt/ J.A. Babbitt
I am now working on another family member. This is all new to me and I am pretty much lost on all this....
I am looking for info on my gggrandfather. He was only known as "Babbitt" to his family. He was married to Sarah E. Babbitt. Her name may have been Hill before she married him. They married in 1861 in Texas. We know a little of her, she was born in Alabama, November 7, 1838 and died in Texas, was buried in Pipe Creek Cemetery in Pipe Creek,TX.
If my research is correct, his name might be J.A.Babbitt born 1837 in Illinois. They had several children, the only names I have that I know is correct is Sarah A. and Benjamin, and Henry Jarred (my grandfather).
Somewhere around 1880 I lose track of him. The 1880 Census lists Sarah E. Babbitt as being a widow. However, the only family member I can question about this tells me he remembers hearing of Babbitt living past that time and perhaps was an attorney in south Texas. He thinks maybe Babbitt just left Sarah E.Babbitt.
My gggrandfather Babbitt seems to disappear around that time. He may have been in the military but I am not sure. I have been unable to get to obituary records. (Maybe I just don't know how) I think he stayed in TX.
Can you help me determine if "Babbitt" was J.A. Babbitt? Also, do you find him anywhere after the Census lists Sarah E. Babbitt as a widow? .

Thanks again, Mary

Re: Looking for Babbitt married to Sarah E. Babbitt

Posted: 10 Jul 2011 5:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
JA Babbitt was my ggggrandfather. The sons of confederate veterans reserched his military records for me. He was in the 20th Texas infantry and was stationed in galeston tx. He was relesed due to internal problems in 1862. From what I was told he left the farm in 1880 to ride into town and was never seen agian. He was never found. Supposedly it was thought hewas killed by Mexicans or Indians. No body wasever found and he has no grave or death record.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions