Search for content in message boards

garwoods of suffolk

garwoods of suffolk

Posted: 27 Jul 2005 12:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: garwood/peachment/stiff/
am looking for descendants of the suffolk garwoods, mostly from brockley. also for peachments & stiffs of the same area.

Re: garwoods of suffolk

Posted: 10 Dec 2005 9:44PM GMT
I have an Alice Garwood (my great great grandmother) (born 1839) in my family tree from Brockley. She married Henry Smith from St Pancras in 1860. Her father according to her marriage certificate was John Garwood married to Mary (maiden name unknown). Any connection to your tree

Posted: 10 Dec 2005 10:11PM GMT
Sorry my great great grandmother Alice Garwood father's name James Garwood (not John). It appears that all the family moved to London as her youngest sister Charlotte was born in St. Pancras.

Deb (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2006 3:20PM GMT
Hi

I'm helping a young friend (11 yrs) to 'do' her tree.

I have William Garwood christened 1835 in Brockley to William Stiff & Harriot Garwood (IGI) then 1881 census for William with wife Eliza Garwood (Byford) their Daughter Lottie is I believe the Charlotte Garwood that I'm looking for.

Are these the same as yours if so do you have any more info.

Thanks

Deb

lisa johnson (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2006 5:17PM GMT
Surnames: garwood/stiff
hi deb
i can't tie any of the names you mention to my tree. i have several william stiffs but none that were christened in 1835. i also have not got a charlotte garwood in my tree. my garwoods and stiffs were all from the brockley area so there certainly could be a connection. i am happy to make my tree available to you if you think it would help. if you want to contact me directly my e-mail is lisajonson@supanet.com
best wishes
lisa

mavis (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2006 2:04PM GMT
Hi

I am afraid our family of Garwoods are not the same. I have a Charlotte Garwood (my great great grandmother's sister) born abt 1852 in St Pancras parents James & Mary Garwood both born in Brockley unfortunately I haven't found anyone by the name of William.

Good luck

Posted: 4 Mar 2006 4:28PM GMT
Surnames: garwood
Hi Lisa
What date was your james born?

Mavis Pett (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2006 5:42PM GMT
There seems to be some confusion as to what date my James Garwood was born it seems to vary on each census at one time making him only 12 when his first child was born - his wife Mary was born in 1807 and he was possibly born about 1814 - his first child Arthur was born in 1832 - in fact all the children and James & Mary were born in Brockley except their last child Charlotte who was born in St Pancras.

Posted: 4 Mar 2006 6:49PM GMT
Edited: 27 Nov 2006 5:22PM GMT
Surnames: garwood
I have 3 James
One was born in 1769 and marries an Elizabeth
he had a son James (1820) who marries firstly Mary Ann and then Emily. They had a son James born in 1883. Sadly none of them seem to be your James as they were all born in and around Lowestoft. Many thanks

Posted: 4 Jan 2007 4:39PM GMT
Hi Lisa, I am researching my husbands family on his mothers side her name was Stiff before she married I have found an Amos Garwood from brockley b. 7/1/1847 he married an Ellen Stiff b. 2/1/1852 she was from Chedburgh, not sure if this is the same family. T.Gibbs
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions