Search for content in message boards

info on fraser, walsh, moore, harris (alfred albert, mary agnes, cecil j, edith)

info on fraser, walsh, moore, harris (alfred albert, mary agnes, cecil j, edith)

Posted: 20 Apr 2008 11:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: fraser, walsh, moore, harris
Im trying to find information on my great grandparents Alfred Albert fraser (no birthdate) could be around 1903-05 altho he was apparently born in Comebychance NSW Australia/died Redfern NSW Aust. he married Mary Agnes Walsh (b1904)(who i need details of also)in 1928? and they had my grandmother Lavinia fraser 1931.

i also need help with finding Cecil John Moore (no birthdate sorry) married EDITH HARRIS 1920?? had Ronald Moore in 1928

sorry the information isnt that great, my grandparents dont have any records (or wont let on that they do) They are abit hush hush about it.

Thank you.
Amber

Re: info on fraser, walsh, moore, harris (alfred albert, mary agnes, cecil j, edith)

Posted: 26 Apr 2008 8:47AM GMT
Hi Amber

Here is Alfred and Mary's marriage certificate from NSW BDM http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/searchHistoricalReco...

It's free to search. The marriage certificates should have the parents listed so you can work back. You can buy registered copy of certificates online or for a cheaper option hire a transcription agent http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/howToSearch.htm#Tran...

5378/1928 groom FRASER ALFRED bride WALSH MARY A district SYDNEY

Did Alfred serve in WW2. If so his record is at the National Archives of Australia http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/recordsearch.aspx

You can get the file digitised for $16.50. The file usually has a photo of the solider in it.

Title FRASER ALBERT ALFRED : Service Number - NX30362 : Date of birth - 21 Apr 1905 : Place of birth - LEICHHARDT NSW : Place of enlistment - PADDINGTON NSW : Next of Kin - FRASER MARY Barcode 4902782 Series number B883 Series accession number 2002/04608374 Control symbol NX30362 Contents date range 1939 - 1948 Extent Location Canberra

Based on this info his birth is

14211/1905 FRASER ALFRED W A father ALBERT C mother ALICE LEICHHARDT

Alfred's parents marriage is as follows
182/1903 groom FRASER ALBERT bride WEAVERS ALICE M district SYDNEY

I did a search of deaths with parents ALbert and Alice and found these. Do these brothers to Alfred sound familiar
24303/1964 FRASER ERIC GEORGE ALBERT COOPER ALICE MAUDE BALMAIN
3652/1964 FRASER HENRY EDWARD ALBERT COOPER ALICE MAUD SYDNEY

(Eric George's records is at the NAA as well He was born 26 Aug 1913.Here is his marriage)
23661/1941 FRASER ERIC GEORGE PASCOE LORNA MAY PETERSHAM

Here is Cecil and Edith's marriage
7460/1920 MOORE CECIL J HARRIS EDITH BURWOOD

I hope this is right and helps
Ina

Re: info on fraser, walsh, moore, harris (alfred albert, mary agnes, cecil j, edith)

Posted: 12 Sep 2008 11:36AM GMT
Surnames: Pascoe, Fraser, Judas
Can anyone help me with the following:

Was interested to read info on the above. My husbands mother was Lorna May Fraser formally Pascoe. My husbands name is Jeffrey John Judas born 10/06/1956 in Mt Morgan Sydney.She left her husband Eric and lived with my husbands father Knollas Carl Judas with children from her marriage. I believe there was a boy called Allan and a girl called Diane. His mother left with her children from the marriage to Eric leaving my husband with his father. He was only a toddler at the time. He has never been contacted by his mother or her children. Do you have any information about Lorna or her children. My husband tried to find his mother and siblings, but as he was not adopted there was little information to go by and family members have not been forthcoming all he has is a birth certificate. Our children are married now and have children of their own. It would be great if we could find out some information about my husbands mothers family.

Kind regards Deborah Judas

Posted: 12 Sep 2008 10:24PM GMT
Hi Deborah

I'm not sure that I can help you much

from the NSW BDM http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/searchHistoricalReco...

23661/1941 groom FRASER ERIC GEORGE bride PASCOE LORNA MAY district PETERSHAM

It may be worth getting the marriage certificate as it should have her parents' names and their occupations on it. It will also have her age and where she was born so you can keep on tracing her family back.

There is a death of a Eric George Fraser listed in 1964.
24303/1964 FRASER ERIC GEORGE father ALBERT COOPER mother ALICE MAUDE district BALMAIN
I'm not sure if this is the right one that was married to Lorna. It might be worth trying to find a funeral notice to check to see if the names of his children are listed.

I hope this helps
Ina

Posted: 14 Sep 2008 11:28PM GMT
Ina,

Thanks for your reply, greatly appreciated. I have sent for marriage certificate.

Kind regards
Deb

Posted: 16 May 2012 4:36AM GMT
Hi Ina,

Just thought I would give you an update. I have managed to find my husbands 2 half brothers and half sister. My husband now has the full story of what happened between his mother and father. Thank you for you help.

Deb Judas
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions