Search for content in message boards

Smith, Preston Morpeth, Kent Co, ON

Smith, Preston Morpeth, Kent Co, ON

Nancy Cameron (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2004 12:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Preston A Smith, born April 1890 and died April 1972, residing in Morpeth area of Howard Twp and was buried in Morpeth Cemetery. He was married three times. Can anyone expand on the wives for me. There was Lila A ? 1900-1964, Annie Parker born 1894 and Louisa Collette Campbell Rylett 1897-1989 (was Louisa's maiden name Collette or Campbell, who were her other husbands?)
Thanks, Nancy Cameron

Re: Smith, Preston Morpeth, Kent Co, ON

Posted: 13 Jul 2010 1:02AM GMT
Surnames: Rylett, Collett, Collings, Smith
This post was deleted by the author on 11 Jul 2013 1:12AM GMT

Posted: 14 Jul 2010 8:54PM GMT
Surnames: Smith and Rylett
Thank you so much for the info.

Posted: 11 Apr 2011 5:31PM GMT
Surnames: Rylett, Collett
My maiden name is Rylett. My father was born in Ridgetown in 1915. Did Louisa May Collett and Charles Ernest Rylett have any children that they gave up for adoption?

Posted: 8 Oct 2011 4:26AM GMT
May and Charlie only had one child together to my knowledge. Charlie spent some time in the Winnipeg area around 1916 and I don't think they met until after he returned. They married in 1922. I can't say for certain about Charlie before he left. There were many Rylett's in the Chatham area at that time so there could be many possibilities. What was your father's name?

Posted: 8 Oct 2011 2:51PM GMT
My father's name was Harold Goldwin Rylett. His foster parents were Hannah & Thomas Rylett. There were four boys altogether. Harold, Kenneth, Elmer & Clarence. I would appreciate any information that you might have. Kenneth is the only one living and he is 97 and living in England.

Posted: 9 Oct 2011 9:29PM GMT
Do you know for sure that he was born into a Rylett family? and then adopted by Ryletts? I know that James Rylett(brother to Thomas and Charles)and his wife Florence both died within months of each other in 1920. Is it possible that they had a son and he was then taken in by Thomas and Hannah? The timeline for Charles and May Rylett doesn't fit as Charles was in Manitoba on the 1911 census and as far as I know was there for a few years. Hope this helps.

Posted: 10 Oct 2011 1:43PM GMT
Thanks very much for your help. Clarence always said that Harold was a real Rylett. I have a copy of his long form birth registration and his mother was Mabel Chambers. After our mother died we found a picture of a family, (we had never seen this picture before, it was found in the bottom of Harold's funeral book)and one lady looks exactly like my father and two smaller girls looks like one of my nieces. I was hoping someone could identify the family in the picture. Send me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy if you are interested. Thanks again
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions