Search for content in message boards

Obit Lookup for Shirley L. Bunton

Obit Lookup for Shirley L. Bunton

Posted: 31 Oct 2012 7:31PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Bunton, Liddell
Would appreciate it if someone would check to see if there was an obituary published for Shirley L. Bunton. She was my cousin and I just found out that she passed away last Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012. I didn't think it was appropriate to ask the family, this soon, if one had been published. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Re: Obit Lookup for Shirley L. Bunton

Posted: 13 Nov 2012 7:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,

The Coeur d'Alene Public Library, http://cdallibrary.org/ will provide a copy of an obit

OR
Kootenai County Genealogical Society, www.kcgs.org/research.html.
Successful Searching!

Posted: 13 Nov 2012 11:23PM GMT
The link provided is wrong...quite OFTEN the case.

The correct: http://cdalibrary.org/

Shirley was identified as living in Harrison, ID, a small town (pop 203 in 2010). She was also known to be living in Kellogg (with family?). She was shown as being 85.
--The address in Kellogg is shared by 365 persons, with various town names following: 1 1/4s Rt 3 Bx 3 628. One being a William Bunton.
--The address in Harrison was identified by one source for 1989.

The logical newspaper for an obituary is the Couer d'Alene press; a search of the online obituaries did not produce one for her. Many elderly do not have obituaries published due to many reasons: length of time in the community, health issues, personal desire, family wishes, movement away from home of record, etc.
--The most logical senior home would have been in the Couer d'Alene area.

I checked the Obituary Daily Times, a database of obituaries published, email data send twice daily of new obit locations published. No information was found.

You may know where she was living with family, if so, or at another location.

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 9:15PM GMT
Just for info. . .normally the libraries do not have the man power to look up obituaries for people. And the Genealogy Society charges for this service.

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 9:18PM GMT
I checked the Coeur d'Alene Press (The local paper) from October 23rd to the 28th and there was no obituary listed in the paper. I also checked the on line obituaries for the two funeral homes in the area (Yates Funeral Home and English Funeral Home). No obituary was listed. I would suggest waiting until after the holidays and then asking the family members.

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 9:20PM GMT
Oh and just a heads up. Judyartley53 posts on everyone's query that the library or the Kootenai County geneological Society will provide the obit. Be forewarned that the libraries do not have man power to provide this service and the geneological society charges for the service.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic