Search for content in message boards

John J. O'Connor and Julia Clarke

John J. O'Connor and Julia Clarke

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 4:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: O'Connor Clarke
I am looking for information on John J. O'Connor from Tralee, County Kerry, IReland. He died on December 14, 1931. Any information would be wonderful. He married Julia Clarke. Many thanks!

Re: John J. O'Connor and Julia Clarke

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 4:48PM GMT
Where did he marry and where did he die. Any details you have would be helpful.
annclare

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 12:06AM GMT
Hi Annclare: John J. O'Connor was born in 1855 in Tralee, County Kerry, Ireland and died 14 December 1931 in Stamford, Connecticut USA. He married Julia Clarke who was born 1857 County Clare, Ireland; Julia died 20 June 1912 in Stamford, Connecticut USA. They had a son, John Clarke O'Connor, born 5 May 1880 in Stamford, CT. John died 26 June 1935, Stamford, CT. I believe (although am not 100% sure) they married before they came from Ireland. That is everything I know...

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 5:34PM GMT
Kerry parish records are online at www.irishgenealogy.ie I looked for the baptism of a John OConnor/Connor in Tralee in
in 1855 and there at least three possible. Link http://tinyurl.com/at5qpkq
Without knowing father's name at least it would be almost impossible to confirm which is the correct one. There is no Clarke/Connor marriage showing but as Julia was from Co Clare it is possible the marriage took place in Clare. Can you access the Us census as in the 1910 census there is a O Connor family in Sellick St Stamford John b. Ireland 1855 occupation contractor wife Julia b. Ireland. John immigrated 1870 and married c. 1876 so they were married in the US possibly Connecticut as the children were born there.They had 8 children 6 alive in 1910
Mary 33 Nellie 31 Julia 28 Delia 22 and James T aged 24 - the 6th child is not there and could be John Clarke O Connor
away from home. Do you have the death certificates for John and Julia as these may give their parents names - I am not familiar with Connecticut death certs and what details they give.
In the 1920 Census the four daughters are living at the same address no record of Julia- but if this is the correct family she was dead by then - nor of John Snr.
Hope this is of some help.
annclare

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 7:26PM GMT
Hi annclare -- this is of great help -- thanks so much! Yes, the problem has been knowing the parents' names of John and Julia. Yes, you nailed it -- that is my family. those are all the names of John's siblings; he was a contractor, and they lived in Stamford so that is definitely them. I think that they left their parents in Ireland when they came over, and I haven't been able to find a document listing their names. I am going to try to get the death certificates for John and Julia -- thank you!!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic