Search for content in message boards

Carroll , Rust French In Lake Co., Ohio

Carroll , Rust French In Lake Co., Ohio

Posted: 8 Sep 2000 7:26PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 2:17PM GMT
Looking for anyone with a connection to the Carroll, Rust French families in Lake Co., Ohio (1850-1900). Several children of Obediah Rust married Carrols and Densie Rust married John French. Some old photographs have been inherited and have these names on them. Would like to find someone connected to these families.

Sally

Carrolls in Lake county OH

Posted: 9 Sep 2000 10:20AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 2:08AM GMT
I have Carrolls in my family from the Cleveland Ohio area. Mainly cuyahoga County. They are Andrew and wife Eliza and their children. We think Andy was born in Dublin and emigrated with his mother. He married Eliza McGuire in Thorold Ontario in the 1860s, and somehow got to Cleveland Ohio where he died in 1916. the Carrolls were parishoners of Holy Name Church and/ or St Columcills in Cleveland. Let me know if this is of any help

carrolls in Lake Co., OH

Posted: 10 Sep 2000 2:25PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 2:17PM GMT
Hi Kate,

Thank you for the reply. It is encouraging.
These Carrols were mainly from Concord Mentor, Lake Co., but I can't totally rule out Cuyahoga Co. The pictures seem to have been the property of a Charles E. Eva (Rust)Carroll. There is a picture of a Hubert Carroll Maud Carroll Rust marked Collingwood. There is an Ida A. Rust who
married Andrew J. Carroll,1877,Lake Co., but
that is just a marriage record and not names found on the pictures.
Thanks again for the reply. If you run into anyone with these names please let me know. We would like to get them to the related families.

Sally

Re: carrolls in Lake Co., OH

Posted: 2 Dec 2012 3:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carroll, Rust, McMullen
I came across this site. My grandfather was Hubert Carroll, married to Stella Maud McMullen Carroll. His mother was Ida Rust, married to Andrew Carroll. It seems a match. Concord, Ohio matches too.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic