Search for content in message boards

William Brownlo Cook

William Brownlo Cook

Terri (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2001 3:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Dec 2008 4:15AM GMT
Surnames: Cook, Williams
I am looking for info. on William Brownlo Cook. He was b: May 27,1849. He first married Martha Williams. He had a son by the name of Doctor Patton Cook and another one by the name of John Cook. There were more children.

Re: William Brownlow Cook

Posted: 30 Dec 2001 3:30AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2002 3:48AM GMT
This is the family in 1850 and 1880 census records.

1850 Cherokee Co., NC - 410/410

COOK, Iredell, 22, b. TN
COOK, Narcissa(?), female, 22, b. NC
COOK, Brownlow, male, 1, b. NC

1880 Cherokee Co., NC - Murphy -

COOK, Iredell, male, 52, b. TN, both parents b. TN
COOK, Narsissey, wife, 55, b. NC, both parents b. NC
COOK, Andrew, son, 18, Single, b. NC
COOK, Peggy, Mother, 80, widow, b. TN, both parents b. TN

1880 Cherokee Co., NC - Beaver Dam - Page 316A

COOK, Brownlow, 31, b. NC, both parents b. NC
COOk, Martha Melina, wife, 30, b. NC, both parents b. NC
COOK, Iredell Andrew, son, 11, b. NC
COOK, James Madison, son, 9, b. NC
COOK, Mitchell John, son, 8, b. NC
COOK, Mary Jane, dau, 7, b. NC
COOK, Robert, son, 4, b. NC
COOK, Patton D., son, 2, b . NC
SHACKLEFORD, John W., 21, b. TN, both parents b. TN; farm laborer.

Re: William Brownlo Cook

Posted: 16 Aug 2002 1:50AM GMT
My gggrandfather was Brownlow Cook. I don't know much about him but his wife, who I didn't know until today as Martha came to campbell county Tennessee on a covered wagon with her sons. My ggrandfather was Mitchell Cook. I have some information about the sons, but not extensive. Mitchell's first name I believe was John, but he never went by it. He married Rainey Chambers, and then she divorced him, one child named James Elmer Cook. He remarried Nancy Miller, she had children by previous marriage. No other children were his.

Posted: 9 Feb 2003 1:32PM GMT
Edited: 18 Dec 2003 2:42AM GMT
My husband is ggrandson of Brownlow Cook. His grandfather is Mitchell Cook. His father is Elmer Cook. I found the following information on another website.

Brownlow was born in 1849 in North Carolina. He married Martha Meline (born 1850 in NC) in about 1868. Their children were:

Indell Andrew Cook (b 1869 - NC)
James Madison Cook (b1871 - NC)
Mitchell John Cook (b 1872 - NC)
Mary Jane Cook (b 1873 - NC)
Robert Cook (b 1876 - NC)
Palton D. Cook (1878 - NC)

Darlene Huey (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2005 12:07AM GMT
Do I understand correctly that Brownlow's 1st wife left and went to Campbell co. TN with his son John Mitchell. As Brownlow remarried to Paralee Roberts and had additional children. My husband is out of the 2nd marriage. I thought that his first wife died. Does anyone know why Martha M. left William G. Browlow Cook.

Posted: 20 Oct 2005 1:39AM GMT
I have allways been told that William Brownlow Cook took up with a younger woman is why she left. Martha was my gggrandmother her son Patton was my ggrand father Martha died in 1889

Posted: 14 Nov 2005 6:48AM GMT
Surnames: Cook
HI i do no Patton Cook well My mother told mr about him he was my gg grandfather my granfather was hi shilrey h cook i have some histry if you would like

Posted: 22 Nov 2005 6:57PM GMT
Linda, I have some information on William Brownlow Cook's family. William Brownlow is my husbands great grandfather. William Brownlow is the son of Irdell Cook and Narcissa Tempy Weeks. What informaiton are you looking for. I would be glad to share ANY information I have dug up.
Darlene

Posted: 19 Dec 2008 12:05AM GMT
Edited: 19 Dec 2008 4:16AM GMT
Surnames: Cook
I am a great-grandson of Brownlo Cook. I found your post from 3 years ago and hope you still have the same address. I am interested in finding out about the 2nd family(ya think we came from an immoral woman? Nah!).
My grandfather's name was Samuel Theodore. You can find our tree at www.grannyskids.com Just click surnames, then Cook, then Iredell, then descendents on the horizontal bar.
Oh, where are you?

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 4:38AM GMT
I am doing some genelogy research, and William Brownlowe Cook is my gggrandfather. I have the family lines going back to him and two more generations. William's father is Iredell Cook and mother is Narciss (like others have posted). Iredell's parents are Henry Cook (born 1789) and Margaret. Henry's father is John Cook, but don't know the mother's name. I would love to hear from anyone that has any facts about any of the people. What I would really love is pictures, if anyone has any. Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions