Search for content in message boards

Walter Maa Louey and Sarah Ann (Nee Golden)

Walter Maa Louey and Sarah Ann (Nee Golden)

Posted: 7 May 2011 3:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Nov 2012 12:17PM GMT
Surnames: Maa Louey, Golden, Stubberfield
I am trying to find any record of Walter Maa Louey and Sarah Ann Loney (Previously Golden)
They were married in Perth in 1903 and reloacated.
I cannot find any trace and all contact between family members ceased

Sarah was my Grandmothers aunt My grandmother was Jeanette Ewen (Nee Stubberfield)

Re: Walter Maa Loney and Sarah Ann (Nee Golden)

Posted: 8 May 2011 7:18AM GMT
Hi

Walter Maa Loney and Sarah Ann Maa Loney were named on the Tasmanian Electoral Roll in 1914 and 1928 for the Electorate of Bass.

I believe this is the death of Sarah Ann in VIC
Death Index. Victoria 1921-1985
Name: Sarah Ann MAR
Parents: William GOLDEN & Janet Christ UNKNOWN
Year: 1958
Reg Number: 27144
Event: D

And Walter's death.
Death Index. Victoria 1921-1985
Name: Walter MAR
Parents: Unknown
Death Place: BRUN
Year: 1962
Reg Number: 7319
Event: D

A death Certificate for Sarah Ann can be downloaded online.
https://online.justice.vic.gov.au/CA2574F700805DE7/HomePage?...=~

Rhonda

Re: Walter Maa Louey and Sarah Ann (Nee Golden)

Posted: 30 Jun 2012 6:12AM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2012 12:22PM GMT
Surnames: Maa Louey, Golden
I am a grand daughter of the above. The correct name is Maa Louey NOT Maa Loney which was a typo error. They travelled to Tasmania and eventually to Melbourne. They had six children. Two girls and 4 boys. The surname of Sarah Golden's mother was Mac Gregor

Posted: 30 Jun 2012 6:19AM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2012 12:17PM GMT
Surnames: Maa Louey, Golden
The name is correctly Maa Louey ( Maa Loney is a typo error)
I am the grand daughter of the above. Sarah Golden was my ggrand mother and her mother was Janet Mac Gregor.My grandparents had six children. Two girls and 4 boys. All passed on now. Keep in touch.

Posted: 30 Jun 2012 11:38AM GMT
Hi
Thankyou for contacting

I discovered the record for Maa louey when searching the online Registrar database and my mother told me the family history that she knew. Nobody kept in touch once Janet passed I did find a reference to Sarah in the death notices for Janet

My Great Grandmother was Cristina Elizabeteh Golden who married Richard Stubberfield. My Grandmotehr was Jeanette (Molly)Born 1908 She Married Alexander Bert Ewen in 1930
My Mother is Hilda Ewen born 1932

Posted: 2 Jul 2012 3:46AM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2012 4:04AM GMT
FYI the notices you mention

The Western Mail, Thursday 8 May 1924
GOLDEN.-On May 3, at her residence, 27 Sutherland-street, West Perth, May Janet, relict of the late W. H. Golden, and loving mother of Christina Stubberfield, Sarah Maa Louey (Tasmania), the late Esther Woods, Janet Williams, Jim, and Jack. Aged 72 years.
God's will be done.

The Daily News, Thursday 8 May 1924
FUNERAL OF AN OLD COLONIST.
The funeral of the late Mrs. Janet Golden, relict of the late William H. Golden, late of 37 Sutherland-street, West Perth, took place on Monday afternoon, the 5th inst. Deceased was born in Delhi, India, in 1851, and had been resident of this State for the past 63 years. The cortege moved from her late residence and proceeded to the Anglican portion or the Karrakatta Cemetery, where, in the presence of a very large gathering, the remains were interred. The chief mourners were Messrs. J. W. and J. T. Golden (sons), Mrs. C. Stubberfield, Mrs. W. Maa Louey (Tasmania), and Mr. J. M. Williams (daughters), W. Woods, R. Stubberfield and N. Williams (sons-in-law), Violet, Frances and Lily Stubberfleld, Rita and Jean Woods, and Jasper Williams (grand-children). There were also present Mrs. and Miss Fraser, Mrs. Power, Nurse Knight, Miss Tarnar, Mrs. Areus, Mrs. Darch, Mr. and Mrs. Hughes, Mr. J. Meadowcoft, Mrs. Kingsbuy, Mr. Lawrence, Mr. Wallis, Mr. Robinson, Mrs. Matthews, Mrs. Barrett, Mrs. Foster, Mrs. Woodward, and a large number of others. Wreaths and floral tributes and messages of sympathy were received bv the bereaved family. The Rev. Canon W, F. Marshall officiated at the graveside, and the funeral arrangements were carried out by Messrs. Donald J. Chipper and Son.

Your grandmother is listed above (as Jean).

Walter Maa Louey had a brother named George. It appears that they were Chinese. Were they sons (or grandsons) of Louis Wah Louey who died in Perth in 1915? He started out in Victoria according to his obituary, and there are Mar/Ma Louey's in Victoria in the early days. Might be worth a look.

Was Charles another brother of Walter?

Examiner, Monday 20 July 1953
MAA LOUEY.-On July 19, at thc Launceston General Hospital, Violet May, dearly loved wife of Charles Maa Louey of Weldborough, and loved sister of Jessie, (Mrs. Duffy), Eva (Mrs. Mcintyre, Melbourne), William and George (Gould's Country), Ada and Ernest Chintock (Weldborough) and loving aunt of Ada, Edna, Bing, Janet and Barbara. In her 64th year. Funeral private leaving the funeral parlours on Tuesday at 11 o'clock. Armitage and Armitage. A.F.D.A. 116 St. John St.

Chas' burial at Launceston (with wife and baby son):
Given Names: CHARLES
Surname: MAA LOUEY
Date of Death: Unknown
Date of Service: 26/9/1959
Area: Monumental Cemetery
Number: 210.00

Posted: 3 Jul 2012 6:36AM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2012 12:43PM GMT
Sarah Golden married Walter Maa Louey in Perth in 1903 and moved to Tasmania. They at some stage lived in Weldborough and later travelled to Melbourne via the ship "Narana" with their children Henry, Thelma, Charles, Winifred, Robert and Kenneth.

Posted: 3 Jul 2012 6:45AM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2012 12:43PM GMT
Yes Walter did have another brother called Charles William Maa Louey and two sisters Ada and Violet.

Posted: 6 Jul 2012 2:07AM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2012 12:44PM GMT
Can you give me more details from the obitury of Louis Maa Louey who died in Perth in 1915. I need to check details given against stories I have heard regarding Walter Maa Louey and his father.

Posted: 6 Jul 2012 3:22AM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2012 12:44PM GMT
Louey Wah Louey is NOT walter's father. Walter Maa Louey's father died earlier and I believe on shipboard to China.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic