Search for content in message boards

Morgan Buck

Morgan Buck

Posted: 5 Nov 2006 3:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Buck,White, Delong, Siebert, Crooks,
Looking for evidence of connections between Morgan Buck b 1823 North Carolina and Jonathon Cornelius Buck Jr. b 1785 in NC. Also looking for connection between John Jasper buck b approx 1843-1849 in Arkansas and Morgan Buck.

Thanks

David R. Ellis-Anwyl

Re: Morgan Buck

Ruby Buck Camp (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2006 5:01PM GMT
I think this might be our Morgan Buck. Our Morgan Buck had a father by the name of John Cornelius Buck. We were stumped at the point of John C. Buck.
If this is our Morgan Buck, he is my great great grandfather. You have no idea how many cousins are looking for this John C. Buck. Can you provide any information about John C. Buck? Wife, parents, etc?

Thank you so much.

Ruby Buck Camp

David Ellis-Anwyl (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2006 9:32PM GMT
Thanks for responding so quickly. I am pretty sure that Morgan Buck had a son John Jasper Buck. John's son Hardy Sherman Buck was my wife's grandfather.

Morgan was born in North Carolina and was married to Matilda ( also noted as Martha in some places.) I am pretty sure his father was Jonathon Cornelius Buck b 1785 in NC his 1st wife was Nancy or Glady Denton and his second wife was Elizabeth "Becky" Barnett b 1793 in NC. Jonathon C Buck Sr was born 12 Jan 1755 in Cumberland CO PA and was married to Zuriah Covalt. Sr.'s father was Isaac Buck b 1729 in PA and Hannah Hicks b. 1733 in PA.

From Census records in Arkansas I am pretty sure that Morgan is the Father of John and the son of Elizabeth. They were all living next door to one another in the 1870 census as was Cornelius, another of Elizabeth's sons. There is a posting on rootsweb.com by a Mamie Logue that shows these relationships as well but i have not been able to make connection with here to see if she has any other data. I have also corresponded with a John Buck from Ohio who has a different set of kids listed for JC Buck Jr. without Morgan. Any info. you have would be appreciated..

Thanks

David Ellis-Anwyl

Margaret Scheffler (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2006 10:05PM GMT
I can't add anything on Morgan BUCK other than waht I saw in the 1850-70 census but I believe that Jonathan BUCK b. 1755 is likely the son of Thomas BUCK and Elizabeth SCOTT. Isaac BUCK m. Hannah HICKS 7 May 1775 in Philadelphia which is 20 years too late for Jonathan to be the son of Isaac. I have no children connected to Isaac BUCK & Hannah HICKS and would be interested if anyone has any with reasonable verification.

If Morgan is the grandson of Jonathan BUCK who married Zuriah Covalt, are there records of some of the family going from Tenessee to NC and Arkansas?

Posted: 6 Nov 2006 1:55AM GMT
I have that Hannah and Isaac were married in 1754. What info do you have that Jonathon Sr. was the son of Thomas. I have Thomas b 1758 as Jonathon Sr's brother. Morgan was born in1823 in NC and then shows up in the Arkansas 1850,1870, censuses. He is the only Morgan Buck I can find born that year in NC. Another researcher told me that easternTenessee and NC traded counties back and forth in that time period. Any more info you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Posted: 7 Nov 2006 12:27AM GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply!

That is our Morgan. He was married to Matilda and those are the correct dates. I need to forward this to another cousin to check on further info.

Thanks so much. I do have the info in a file; however, I gave all that to daddy and he has since passed away.
I know I can find the info soon and get back to you.

Thanks again,
Ruby Buck Camp

Posted: 7 Nov 2006 1:35AM GMT
I don't know of any records; however, my dad (who passed away 2 years ago in his 80's) said that his father said they were Pennsylvannia Bucks. Supposedly they did live in Tennessee before going to North Carolina and then they moved to Arkansas.

Posted: 7 Nov 2006 1:43AM GMT
Actually, I just came across a note stating that Morgan Buck (I), born in 1823 in North Carolina was the brother of Martin Gove Buck b. May 1830 in Henderson Tennessee. d. 6/20/1900 in Arkansas.

Posted: 7 Nov 2006 2:27AM GMT
Sounds like we are talking about the same family. How do you descend from Morgan? Which one of his children?

Posted: 7 Nov 2006 2:33AM GMT
Yes, the other children I have are Willima C 1818 Edward 1819, Morgan 1823, Martha Patricia 1825 Ailcey 1828, Martin Gove 1830 Sarah Ann 1832 Nancy 1838 and Cornelius 1839. Morgan, Cornelius, and Elizabeth Barnett (their mother) were living next door to each other in the 1870 census in Clarke County Arkansas. I think we are on the right track here, if we can find out who their father was for sure. Iam still thinking John cornelius Buck Jr.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic