Search for content in message boards

Gloster.

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 2:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gloster,
Hi,

I am trying to find either a birth record or marriage record for my grandad, Michael Gloster. I have tried looking and I am just getting nothing.
I have found his death record and the birth of my mother but cant find anything else, any help and advice i would be very much grateful for. I know my grandad was born in Southern Ireland, I have been told Dingle but not positive on that as I cant find anything. He was born on 7th May 1912, and died in Aug 2003 in Calderdale, West Yorkshire. He married a Kathleen Kenny which also I can not find a marriage for.

Many thanks,
Kerry.

Re: Gloster.

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 11:37AM GMT
I do not have Michael Gloster, but I do have a couple of Glosters from Ballydavid Kerry which is beyond Dingle. Have you tried St Vincent's Church in Ballyferriter?

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 6:37PM GMT
Had Michael Gloster a second personal name - sometimes people used a second name rather than the one they were registered at birth with. Also where was his marriage to Kathleen Kenny Ireland or England?
annclare

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 6:52PM GMT
This is very much a long shot. but there is a marriage registered in the Irish civil registration index for a Michael Gloster in Birr registration district Apr - Jul 1943 volume 3 page 217 and there is a match for a Catherine Kenny. It could be a possibility but as there are 4 couples on this page it is by no means certain that this was a Gloster/Kenny marriage.
However if you think it is worthwhile to check it out you can download an application form at www.groireland.ie. If you do decide to follow-up I suggest you ask for a photocopy of the entry as it costs less and gives the same information as a cert.
annclare

Posted: 4 Jan 2013 11:17AM GMT
Hi jrohan73,

Ballydavid is where am lead to believe my Grandad was born but am not finding any birth record as of yet. I did have a look at St Vincent's Church in Ballyferriter but couldn't find anything.
Thank you for getting back to me.

Many thanks
Kerry.

Posted: 4 Jan 2013 11:27AM GMT
Hi annclare,

I have had someone else point this marriage record out to me, I think it could be possible match as my mother was born in Ireland so think they would have married there. I think I am going to have to obtain a copy cert of either the marriage or a birth if I find one to be able to move forward any more and be sure am on the right track.
Thank you for all the help and advice am very much grateful.

Many thanks,
Kerry.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic