Search for content in message boards

Hyperlinks in text "stories"?

Hyperlinks in text "stories"?

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 4:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Apr 2013 4:11PM GMT
I have long been under the impression that you cannot hyperlink within contributed "text" stories yet I stumbled upon one that does precisely that...

http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/4164308/person/-1643567238/st...

I've tried to duplicate the html hyperlink code used in the above post (it appears to be standard stuff) but I can't get it to work.

Any thoughts out there?

Re: Hyperlinks in text "stories"?

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 4:58PM GMT
It appears to have something to do with the Tags "M i" and "M ii". Not sure how they were entered, but they appear to be similar to the old WordStar or WordPerfect tags used to start and stop features.

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 5:11PM GMT
"...they appear to be similar to the old WordStar or WordPerfect tags used to start and stop features."

Now that would be hilarious if true. I suppose we should be grateful that ACOM has at least managed to advance beyond MS-DOS in their word processing capabilities.

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 8:45PM GMT
My guess is that's giving them too much credit. Likely the note was created in some other editor and just pasted into acom.

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 12:00AM GMT
"Likely the note was created in some other editor and just pasted into acom."

Interesting thought - I wonder if doing that might cure some of the other extremely annoying format problems that occur when entering a note/story from scratch?

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 3:29AM GMT
Edited: 14 Apr 2013 3:33AM GMT
"I wonder if doing that might cure some of the other extremely annoying format problems that occur when entering a note/story from scratch?"

As you are doubtless aware, that would be a work-around, not a "cure".

A "cure" could and would be effected if and when ACOM would elect to join the rest of us in the 21st Century by incorporating even the most basic word processing technology into their platform. Right now, their word processing platform is grotesque...and EMBARRASSINGLY so.

Tell ya what ACOM. Deep-six your preposterously unneeded attachment beta and let your programming resources give us some basic word processing capability.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions