Search for content in message boards

WYATT Family Steeple Barton

WYATT Family Steeple Barton

Posted: 3 Dec 2005 2:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Nov 2006 2:24AM GMT
Surnames: WYATT
I descend from Robert WYATT, born about 1783 and his wife Elizabeth, born about 1786. They lived in the Steeple Barton area, where they had several children baptised before moving to Greenwich, Kent sometime before the 1841 census. They can be found in that census living in Greenwich near St. Alphege Church. I would like to learn who the parents of Robert and Elizabeth were and anything about their families. In return, I would be glad to share some of what information I have gathered from Robert and Elizabeth on down. Regards, Tom

Re: WYATT Family Steeple Barton

Posted: 30 Apr 2007 10:22PM GMT
Surnames: wyatt
Hi Cannot recall if I have been in contact with you perhaps before.

I have Wyatts who moved to Steeple Barton mid 18thc George b.1763 William Cooper Wyatt b.1765. They came from Islip and Murcott north of Oxford.

There is a will for their father George Wyatt who died in 1792 and left a farm to
William at that time.
Andrew

Posted: 4 Jun 2013 6:46PM GMT
Surnames: Wyatt, Midgley
I am looking for information and lineage of one Susannah Worsham-Wyatt who is purported to be the granddaughter of William Cooper Wyatt.

Susannah Wordsham Wyatt married William Midgley and ended up in Placer County, California. William and Susannah Midgley were my 3rd great grandparents, through their son Walter E. Midgley and then through their granddaughter (my great grandmother) Clara Midgley.

Posted: 4 Jun 2013 6:57PM GMT
Surnames: Wyatt Midgley
Hi Yes I have a few contacts via that line, Ann Heaney, Jane Paskowitz, Rob Castle, Amy Wyatt. I was in touch with the Midgley side a few years ago, and was kindly emailed a photo of Sussanah Worsham Wyatt b.1839. It was low quality but is in fact the earliest Wyatt related photo we have, I guess it was taken c.1870 - 1880
although the hairstyle was one that could have been through most of the 19thc.

We have the Wyatt direct line back to the 1550s with Thomas Wyatt born Charlton on Otmoor. Then the Wyatts are in the same two villages which are two miles apart, right back into the 1420s, and maybe earlier.I am still researching.

Posted: 4 Jun 2013 7:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wyatt Cooper Midgley
Did you know William Cooper Wyatts grave stone still exists, though v. worn. It is with 8 other Wyatts (all my family) in the pretty churchyard in Islip Oxfordshire, I have visited there a few times. The first in my line for over 150 years!

Posted: 4 Jun 2013 7:06PM GMT
Surnames: Midgley, Wyatt
This is great! Could you please either post or send me the lineage back from Susannah Worsham Wyatt through the ancient Wyatt family? That would be another new ancient line for me. I guess we should be able to figure our how we're related now.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic