Search for content in message boards

County Secretary, P.M. Quinlan, Tralee

County Secretary, P.M. Quinlan, Tralee

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 6:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Mar 2013 3:17AM GMT
Surnames: Quinlan, Murphy, Timony
Hi all,

I'm looking for information regarding the Quinlans of Tralee. My great great grandfather was the county secretary, P.M. Quinlan. My great grandfather, Maurice Quinlan, was the T.B. doctor of the area and lived in Blennerville. His wife, Catherine (nee Timony, Mayo), was also a doctor. I am also related to the Murphys of Castleisland. Any information would be gladly received!

Re: County Secretary, P.M. Quinlan, Tralee

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 9:38PM GMT
Edited: 28 Mar 2013 3:18AM GMT
You may have this information
Two baptisms of Children of Patrick M Quinlan and Mary Murphy at the www.irishgenealogy.ie site
Link
http://tinyurl.com/c7c4lyu

Quinlan family in 1901
Link to Census

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Kerry/Bally...

Census 1911 Link

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Kerry/Clogh...

Hope this is of some help
annclare

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 9:33PM GMT
Many thanks Annclare!

Posted: 10 Jun 2015 2:33PM GMT
Hi, Do you have a Patrick Aloysius Quinlan b.around 1926 in your Tralee line? I am looking for Quinlan ancestors in this area too. Many thanks.

Posted: 16 Jun 2015 10:10AM GMT
Hi,
PM was the son of Maurice Quinlan and Johanna Sullivan from Farran near Castleisland. Maurice was a dairy farmer and chairman of the Tralee district Board of Guardians so would have had a high profile in the area as well as being Head of the Land League for the area. The Land League had two primary aims - Reduce land rents to a fair level and increase ownership of the land by those who farmed it. Maurice was also known as Captain Moonlight head of moonlighters who were a more violent organisation who basically terrorised people in the dead of night. Those who occupied farms of evicted tenants, or did business with them, were constantly under threat of being moonlighted.

Posted: 16 Jun 2015 10:12AM GMT
Hi
Do you know who Patricks parents were or where in Tralee they lived?

Posted: 19 Jun 2015 8:15PM GMT
Thank you Annclare!

Posted: 19 Jun 2015 8:22PM GMT
Surnames: Quinlan
Hi there KathleenGeorge68!

I have a Patrick Aloysius Quinlan born in 1896. He could well have had a son called after him born in and around 1926. He had a daughter called Norah born in 1929, who seems to have sadly died of TB in 1951. My great grandfather is Patrick's brother. What else do you need to know? And what do you know of the Quinlans?

Thanks!
Yvonne

Posted: 19 Jun 2015 8:26PM GMT
Surnames: Quinlan, Sullivan
I have Maurice Quinlan (b. 1822) and Joanna Sullivan in my tree for them but I can't be a 100% of either! I have nothing else on them at the moment.

Posted: 19 Jun 2015 8:28PM GMT
Surnames: Quinlan
Thanks for this! I know PM Quinlan was a Moonlighter, and spent time in prison for it, but I didn't know about his father!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic