Search for content in message boards

SIMPSON

SIMPSON

Robbin Pridemore (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

John L. SIMPSON b August 10, 1871 in Harlan Co., the son of Samuel Granville SIMPSON and Jane HELTON. He married Elizabeth "Lizzie" NOE daughter of Jarvis NOE and Matilda HENSLEY. John and Lizzie moved to Lincoln Co./Crab Orchard, KY around 1910. John died May 10, 1925. According to his death certificate he died of gun shot - homicide. According to family history he was killed by his cousin Henry ______? for sleeping with Henry's wife. Am looking for newspaper account of this incident or any other related information. (Lizzie died February 7, 1953 at her sons home in Lincoln Co,)

Re: SIMPSON

Posted: 17 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2003 10:44PM GMT

Would like to hear from any one researching the Simpson line.

J.Marian Seiders (View posts)
Posted: 25 Dec 2001 1:25AM GMT
Hi,

I found your post on RootsWeb message boards concerning SIMPSONS . ( dated 1998 )

What SIMPSON Family are you researching?

I am a direct descendant of a SAMUEL SIMPSON, born 1809 in Pa. and died 1897 in Fulton Co, Pa. His wife's name was MARY "POLLY" PITTMAN. They had 6 children ( 3 boys and 3 girls ).

I am trying to find who SAMUEL'S parents were and whether he had any siblings. I can't seem to get back any further than SAMUEL, though I do have info on his wife and children.

From what I've gathered thus far, there seems to be a connection to the GRANT SIMPSONS, but am not certain just what the relationship was, at this point. Some evidence points to SAMUEL being a brother of HANNAH SIMPSON GRANT. That hasn't been "proven" yet, however.

Any info on SIMPSON Families GREATLY appreciated!

I am happy to share what I have, if interested.

Thanks,

Marian

Wanda vandemortel (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2004 1:01PM GMT
searching for Simpsons also,Elijah,Addie,Cora,Harm,grace,william,James are just a few,please email meClara Simpson married William Fields.

Posted: 2 Jun 2006 5:43PM GMT
Surnames: Kibler,Sees, sitler, Strickland, Heckman and Hoover
Charles, What line of Simpson are you doing? I'm looking for Simpson from Columbia County, PA or Mauch Chunk, PA or any place around there. Debbie

Karan Bays (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2006 8:30PM GMT
Surnames: Simpson, Saylor
Mr. Beason works the same set of Simpson's as I do. Are Simpsons are from the Harlan/Bell county Kentucy;
Descendents of Samuel and Hannah Simpson
Posted: 7 Apr 2011 10:19PM GMT
Surnames: Simpson / Helton of Harlan Co., KY
I'm looking for information on a "Hetty" ____ Simpson who married Elisha Helton around 1844 and had a son Elijah Helton b/1846.

I can't find her or son Elijah in the 1850 - 1880 census??

Elisha is found with his mother in 1850 census and no mention of Hetty or his son? and by 1860 he's with a 2nd wife Esther "Hetty" Osbourne and son Carter, then later have a son in 1860 also named Elijah.

Would like to know more about Esther and where did my grt grt grt grandfather Elijah go before getting married in 1881 to Louisa Vaughn???

30 yr gap....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions