Search for content in message boards

Adam Reaves/Reeves

Adam Reaves/Reeves

Posted: 15 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 2:06AM GMT
Surnames: Reaves, Reeves
I am looking for information on Adam Reaves/Reeves who married Anna Dunkin in Duplin County October 13, 1782. They had a son named Hardy Reaves whose wife was named Mary. Hardy and Mary had a son named Adam born about 1823. Adam's children were Mary, Stephen, Sarah (or Sally) and John. I am descended through Stephen. If you are connected to any of these, please contact me....thanks....Jim

John Reaves

Darlene (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: John Reaves
I am looking for a John Reaves in Tennessee. He has children named Henry,Samuel,Jabe, Josephine,Mary.

John Reaves

Posted: 10 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 2:06AM GMT
All the Reaves information I have is related to the ones who chose to live in North Carolina. They may be related to your Tennessee family. Since my search has concentrated on a direct line back from my father, I haven't branched out yet into brothers, etc. If you run into a connection with the North Carolina bunch I would like to know, likewise I will provide any information I have that you think you can use.....Jim Reaves, Clinton, Mississippi.

Re: John Reaves

Posted: 19 Oct 2001 4:13AM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2002 7:07PM GMT
I am searching for a Hiram Reaves. I understand he is buried at Rocky Cove Cemetery somewhere in N.C. near Rosman. Do you know where that is. Hiram married Emaline Youngblood first and then Lydia ? the second time.

He was 55 years old for the 1880 census.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks. Barbara

Jim Reaves (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2001 11:39PM GMT
Sorry Barbara, I don't have a Hiram in my data base. Also I don't know where Rocky Cove Cemetery is. Sounds like it may be in the Western part of the state.......sorry. Jim

Re: Adam Reaves/Reeves

Posted: 12 May 2002 10:30PM GMT
Edited: 17 May 2002 4:35AM GMT
Surnames: Reaves/Godwin/Fausbee/Bass/Baggett
I don't recognize your names,but hope you might have run across the following names. Lettie Reaves of NC was married to John Robert Godwin from NC. They had 10 children one of which I'm hoping is Hepsie Ann Godwin. Hepsie Ann Godwin was my Grandmother Myrtice Bass' mother form sampson Co. NC. If you have run across any of these names or need anymore information to make a connection or provide more info. Please let me know. I did receive an e-mail from someone who provided the middle name of lettie as Lettie Jane and provided her parents names/
Asa Reaves and Edith Fausbee and dates Lettie was b. 9.9.1841 and died 5/1/1907 in NC. If you can help in any way I would appreciate it. I would like proof that John Robert Godwin and Lettie Reaves were Hepsie Ann godwin's parents and find out the siblings of hepsie Ann.Thanks Debbie B. Albert
albertd723@mmcable.com

Posted: 28 Jun 2002 1:47AM GMT
Edited: 19 May 2004 2:22AM GMT
Surnames: REAVES/REEVES
CORRECTION: JOHN H. REAVES served in the Civil War from 1862 - hospitalization in Pickens, SC. He is buried at Mountain Creek Baptist Church with no dates on Civil War issued tombstone. He served in Civil War with brothers: HIRAM REEVES and ACY (ASELL) T. REAVES. ACY was killed at Rappahannock, VA on Aug. 23, 1862.
Any information needed and appreciated.
distler53@yahoo.com

Posted: 30 Dec 2002 1:51AM GMT
Edited: 19 May 2004 2:22AM GMT
Surnames: REAVES/REEVES
UPDATE: HIRAM REEVES/REAVES is buried at Rocky Cove in SOUTH Carolina. I have found is grave marked with a Confederate marker. None of the other graves are marked. This is on Hwy. 178 in Pickens, SC. Searching diligently for ASAL REEVES, father of HIRAM. Asal's dob: approx 1798 - 1803/ HIRAM's dob: 1825. Both born in SC. Any help needed and appreciated.

Linda Boyette (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2002 8:52PM GMT
Surnames: Rives/Reaves
James,

I have a John Gaston Rives Jr. b.1854 and married to Mattie Tyson. His father was Dr. John Gaston Rives b.1818 and married to Lucy Dancy Foxhall. His father was Richard Eaton Rives. I have seen the name Reaves interchanged for Rives. They are from Pitt and Edgecombe counties in North Carolina. Is this your family?

Re: Adam Reaves/Reeves

Posted: 5 Sep 2007 8:39PM GMT
Adam was the son of William Reaves andxMargaret Burgess. They lived in Virginia before moving with their son William living in Duplin C. NC. They had another son named Hardy. I will let you know more when I get home. You can email me at juju7060@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic