Search for content in message boards

Needs some help everyone!

Needs some help everyone!

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 11:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Jan 2013 11:42AM GMT
Surnames: Das
Hello everyone, I need your assistance in regards to finding my long lost Indian ancestor. I have been talking with the older generation of my family including that of my extended family who I share the common ancestor with and it seems that I have hit a wall.

Basically, we started out with my deceased grandfather from Guyana. On his birth certificate, it listed his father's name but no Indentureship number meaning that his father was born in Guyana. So this means my great grandfather was possibly the first generation of my family outside of India and in Guyana. Now, my father was not born when his grandfather passed. But, my dad's oldest cousin was a young boy when he had passed. Meaning we could do the math a bit and have a range of about a few years of when my great grandfather would've passed.

So as of right now, we don't have a year of birth nor year of death of my great grandfather so that we can the parents name and indentureship number. We only have my great grandfather's name, a range of years that he would've passed away, the knowledge that he had worked for Port Mourant estate and/or my great grandfather, AND the village and area that was administered from the local post office that he had lived in and had died in.

Now, with all this information, is there some document I can dig up to offer me more clues to narrowing the search down to get ahold of my ancestor's Emigration certificate? Would having a range of years of death, the fact that he had died
in his village in Corentyne, Berbice, and his name suffice to dig through death records at the Registrar's office and retrieve his birth year and from there get his birth certificate which would have his immigrated parents' names and indentureship numbers?

Any help would be great and blessed.

Thank you.

Re: Needs some help everyone!

Posted: 19 Jan 2013 3:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
The Ancestor's last name is Das from the Corentyne, Berbice area
per page

Find a board about a specific topic