Search for content in message boards

Stratakos Family

Stratakos Family

Ted Stratakos (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2000 11:42AM GMT
I am seeking information regarding my paternal ancestors. My grandfather, Petros Stratakos, was born 20 June 1883 in a small town near Sparta called Goranous. He and my grandmother, Evriklia, had four children. The oldest was my father, George Peter Stratakos, who was born in Goranous on 5 May 1915. The family emigrated to the U.S. during the 1930's and 40's.

Any information concerning the history of the Stratakos family would be greatly appreciated. Please contact Ted Stratakos via E-Mail at tgslrg@yahoo.com or snail mail at 6452 Frost Avenue, Columbia SC 29203 USA.

Thank you.

stratakos

Posted: 17 May 2001 1:54PM GMT
Edited: 8 Nov 2001 12:19AM GMT
my grandmother was a stratakos from gouranous greece,i belive they are related her brothers name was peter,but they lived in canada,please reply

Re: stratakos

Ted Stratakos (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2005 11:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
I apologize for the exceedingly late response. As you can see, I have not visited this board in several years and only today noticed your message.

I don't know if you'll even see this, but I do believe my grandfather and your grandmother might have been siblings. I know that some of the family did in fact settle in Canada.

If you do see this reply, please contact me via e-mail so we can investigate this further.

Thanks.

Re: Stratakos Family

Anna D. (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2006 2:30AM GMT
Descendants of Stavroula Stratakos
Generation No. 2

2. Dimitroula2 Fraggis (Stavroula1 Stratakos) was born in Gouranos, Greece. She married Bob Georgopoulos. He was born in Greece.

Notes for Dimitroula Fraggis:
Tula emigrated to Canada in 1955.

Children of Dimitroula Fraggis and Bob Georgopoulos are:
+ 4 i. George3 Georgopoulos, born in London, Ontario.
+ 5 ii. Louis Georgopoulos, born in London, Ontario.

3. Yianni2 Fraggis (Stavroula1 Stratakos) was born 18 April 1941 in Gouranos, Greece. He married Vasilia Spiradakos 28 June 1964 in Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, London, Ontario, daughter of Elias Spiridakos and Costadina Berdos. She was born 24 June 1944 in Paleopagnia, Greece.

Notes for Yianni Fraggis:
John emigrated to Canada 1955.

Children of Yianni Fraggis and Vasilia Spiradakos are:
+ 6 i. Louis3 Fraggis, born 5 March 1966 in London, Ontario.
+ 7 ii. Stavroula "Stella" Fraggis, born 30 January 1972 in London, Ontario.

Re: Stratakos Family

Anna D. (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2006 2:35AM GMT
Sorry this is
Generation No. 1

1. Stavroula1 Stratakos was born 1908 in Gouranous, Greece, and died 1989 in London, Ontario. She married Elias Fraggis 1936, son of Anthony Frangis and Stavroula. He was born 1910 in Katsoulaeka, Greece, and died 1996 in London, Ontario.

Notes for Stavroula Stratakos:
Emigrated to Canada in 1954.

Notes for Elias Fraggis:
Elias emigrated to Canada in 1952.

Children of Stavroula Stratakos and Elias Fraggis are:
+ 2 i. Dimitroula2 Fraggis, born in Gouranos, Greece.
+ 3 ii. Yianni Fraggis, born 18 April 1941 in Gouranos, Greece

I found this off of http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/f/r/a/Jacki-M-Fra...

Posted: 8 Dec 2006 12:42AM GMT
I am a decendant of the Strat family. Let me know if I can help you?

Stella

Posted: 2 Aug 2010 6:01PM GMT
Surnames: Stratakos, Stratis, Doukas
I am originally from Baltimore. My maternal grandmother, Stavroula Stratakos, came from Ouranos. She had a number of brothers and sisters in Baltimore. The name was shortened to Stratis -- Harry Stratis, Bessie Stratis. My father's parents came from Ouranos too, George Doukas. I don't know the grandmother's name as she died in Greece.
Posted: 7 Nov 2012 12:03AM GMT
Have you had a response to this?

Posted: 28 Apr 2013 8:47PM GMT
Not sure if you are still looking, but my dad was born in Goranous, Greece and came to America in the 1900s..not sure of exact date. He had a brother (Peter) and sisters (Bessie, Stavroula) lived in the US and sisters (Pota and Dimitra) lived in Greece. All have passed now. I believe Peter kept his name as Stratakos and my dad changed his to Stratos. If I can give you any other information feel free to ask.

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 2:33PM GMT
Surnames: Stratakos Stratos Doukas
My grandmother may have been the Stavroula you mention. She lived in Baltimore and had Samuel, Andrew, Steven, Helen (my mother), and another girl sho died young. Stavroula also had a sister named Bessie and brother in Baltimore named Harry. My yiayia could not read or write, and spoke only broken English, but I don't ever recall having trouble communicating with her. She seemed to get along just fine.

They used the shortened name Stratos. My father's father, George Doukas, also came from Gouranos.

What part of the country were you referring to? Do you think this is your Bessie and Stavroula?

Thank you!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic