Search for content in message boards

PICOU, ST. CYR, POREE, FERRAND

PICOU, ST. CYR, POREE, FERRAND

Posted: 21 Mar 2012 11:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Mar 2012 2:00AM GMT
Surnames: Picou, St. Cyr, Ferrand, Poree, Chevalier, Vicknair
I am looking for the father of Antoinette Picou. Her death certificate lists her parents as Constance St. Cyr and ? Picou. Her marriage record and the birth records of her boys also list her maiden name as Picou.

Antoinette was born June 29, 1869 in LaPlace, La. She married Joseph Octave Ferrand (1859-1931) in SJB Parish on June 28, 1886 and had two sons-- Robert Wilfred Ferrand (1887-1896) and Edward Ernest Ferrand (1889-1960).

Antoinette lived in New Orleans from the time of her marriage until her death on June 21, 1949. According to her death certificate, she was buried in Reserve Cemetery.

Her mother, Constance St. Cyr, was born about 1850 and went by Constance Poree-- widow. I don't know who Constance's parents are... but in 1880, she and Antoinette lived in St. John the Baptist Parish next to Noel and Coralie St. Cyr and other St. Cyr relatives. (The census taker recorded her as Constance Pori.) Constance (St. Cyr) Poree died June 24, 1907.

Also... In 1880, Joseph Octave Ferrand lived next to Aristide & Nathalie Picou and Felix & Antoinette (Picou) Vicknair. Nathalie Picou was a Chevalier. Her sister Evelina Chevalier married Joseph Octave's uncle-- Lovinsky Ferrand. I wondered if Antoinette was visiting Picou relatives and met Joseph.

(Felix and Antoinette Vicknair had a son b. 1872 named Wilfred.)

I'd really like to find Antoinette's family and would greatly appreciate any information you'd be willing to share with me.-- Lisa

*Just received an obituary which reads, "Joseph Octave Ferrand, beloved husband of Grace Picou and father of Edward Ernest Ferrand..."

Re: PICOU, ST. CYR, POREE, FERRAND

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 10:08PM GMT
Lisa,
There is another Antoinette Picou who was born c. 1836 and died 10 Jan 1924, married to (Pierre) Felix Picou (the ones in your question. She was the dau of Antoine Ovide Picou (1810-1850) m. to Octavie ____. Antoine Ovide was the natural son of Jean BAptiste Picou and Victoire Deslonde, f.c.l.

Are there Ferrands who connect with the Picous who were free people of color?
Sorry we could not Skype our talk in New Orleans or LaPlace.

Posted: 28 Apr 2012 1:07AM GMT
Surnames: Picou, Vicknair, Ferrand, Deslonde, Brusle
Antoinette Picou Vicknair's mother was Octavie Ferrand. All of the Ferrands in our line, dating back to at least the 1780s, were free people of color.

Do you know who Victorie Deslonde's parents were? Is she from the same family as the George Deslondes (d. 1836) who married Felicite Brusle?

Posted: 28 Apr 2012 2:29PM GMT
Victoire Deslonde's parents were Etienne Deslonde and Maria Dura, f.c.l. We have not connected Etienne in the Deslonde family yet.

Have you used the familysearch.org? The probate court records for New Orleans are a good source for records. In the succession for Desiree Deslondes, there is the name of Armand St. Cyr.

Posted: 30 Apr 2012 11:16PM GMT
Edited: 25 Oct 2012 4:42PM GMT
Surnames: Picou, Vicknair, Ferrand, Deslonde, Brusle, Dusuau
Thank you for the information. I appreciate it.

I have used familysearch but am just now learning to access all of the records. There is a record on familysearch under "Mme Felin Uicknsir" that shows the parents of Antoinette Picou (1836) as Ovide "Picon" and Octavie Ferrand.

About the Deslonde question, I have a court document relating to the marriage of Armand Deslondes (son of George Deslondes and Felicite Brusle) and Odile Ferrand (daughter of Celestin Ferrand and Rosalie Rillieux) that shows Fergus Dusuau signing as security for Armand. The top of the record says Jean Baptiste Fergus Dusuau but the signature appears to be Barthelemy Fergus Dusuau.

I realize Rosalie's mother was a Dusuau but wondered if there was a connection on the Deslondes side as Barthelemy is Victorie's grandson. I attached the record. If there is a connection, maybe, at some point, it will help.
Attachments:

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 4:41PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jan 2013 6:48AM GMT
Surnames: Ferrand, Rillieux, Picou, Vicknair
Hi Emory,

Octavie Ferrand was the daughter of Celestin Ferrand and Rosalie Rillieux. Her full name was Rose (or Rosa) Octavie Ferrand. She is the Octavie who was born about 1812 and married Antoine Ovide Picou. Their daughter, Antoinette Picou (b. 1836) married Felix Vicknair.

Other interesting facts:
Rosa Octavie Ferrand was godmother to Joseph Othello Ferrand. (Joseph Othello was her brother, born 1825.) Joseph Othello Ferrand's first child was Joseph Octave Ferrand (b. 1859). Joseph Octave Ferrand married Antoinette Picou (b. 1869). I have more on this if you're interested.

It's fun when it all comes together! -- Lisa lis.ferrand@yahoo.com

Posted: 1 Aug 2013 12:42PM GMT
Emory,
Read "Marie-Louise Panis" parts one and two in Les Voyageurs. Excellent articles. Great work! Looking forward to part three!
Lisa

Posted: 6 Aug 2013 7:08PM GMT
Lisa,
Thanks for the comment about the articles. I'm trying to finish the third part. It's a challenge to get the families straight. Do you have any info about who were the parents of Vincent Rillieux who was married to Constance Vivant? They had eight children. Also, who were Rosalie Rillieux's parents, who was married to Octavie Ferrand?
Emory

Posted: 6 Aug 2013 10:07PM GMT
I have all of that information with copies of the source documents. I can put a file together. How quickly do you need it? If you'd like, send me an email.
I'd love to help.
Lisa

lis.ferrand@yahoo.com

Posted: 21 May 2014 2:28AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: St Cyr, Picou
Noel and Coralie St Cyr was Constance St Cyr parents. Antoinette Picou was the grandchild.
The other St Cyr's listed were siblings and relatives in the 1880 census. Try looking in the 1870
census and working your way up. Constance wasn't in the 1870 census. Probably married with
a 1 yr old. Good luck!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions