Search for content in message boards

Having Problems Downloading GED Files

Having Problems Downloading GED Files

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 5:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Apr 2013 6:06PM GMT
I wonder if someone could please give me an answer to what is going wrong with my GED downloads? I have 2 trees, and it's been a year since I backed them up so I felt it was about time. The file sizes of the GEDs from last year on the one tree were 1083kb, 1142kb, and the last one I did was 1242kb. On the other tree the last three were 1256kb, 1508kb, and the final one was 1704kb. Today, when I downloaded GEDs to my computer, the GED file size for both the trees were 39kb each! It did the same thing for both Firefox and IE8. I tried to bring up the "Export Tree" button by refreshing and rebooting to try again but the "Download your GEDCOM file" button remains and the file size is still 39kb. Any ideas? Thank-you, Greg

Re: Having Problems Downloading GED Files

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 6:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Well it must have just been a "glitch" in Ancestry somewhere because adding a few new records to each tree brought back the "Export Tree" button and I was then able to download big healthy GED files from both trees!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions