Search for content in message boards

Bland Family

Bland Family

William Bland (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bland
Any info on the family of Ruban Bland of Martin Co.-Williamson N.C.He had about 33 children.

Bland family

Carlton Bland (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
I saw on the Martin Co. marriage records 1872-1884 that Reubin C. Bland marrried Julia Coburn Jan. 7,1874. I don't know if that is the same person that you are looking for or not. I am looking for information on Blands from Martin Co. also.

Bland--Gurganus

Posted: 30 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2001 6:33PM GMT
Surnames: Bland, Gurganus
I'm trying to find a Reuben Gurganus and a Frances Bland. They were married probably between 1835 and 1845. Among their Children is a Frances who I find in New Bern just after the Civil War and Married to John Fleming- they move to NYC about 1873. Evidence has lead me to Martin Co and more precisely Williamston. Any clues or suggestions welcomed. Will share info- thanks- Jim M

Reuben C. Bland

Judy Guthrie (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
I have been researching the Bland family in Martin County because Reuben Bland is my grandson's great, great, great, grandfather on his daddy's side. Lynn B. Clinard has the names of his children posted at:

http://www.genforum.com/bland/messages/91.html

There are also the birth dates. This was a tremendous help to me. Let me know if you can fill in any missing pieces.

Re: Bland Family

Janine Atkinson (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2003 8:45PM GMT
I am looking for any information on Charlie Columbus Bland; people called him "Lum" according to a distant family member. He was born 1877 and died in 1954. He married Croshie Mae Manning in Martin County sometime after 1910. I am particularly interested in the names of his parents. Thanks,

Janine Atkinson

Re: Bland family

Posted: 22 Oct 2005 8:16PM GMT
Hello . My name is Stan West . I live in Washington Beau fort Co. N.C., at my father's house (Dale F. West} I am looking up the Bland , Wynn, Ange families and etc. of Martin Co. (and abjoining co.s). A John Bland (refer to 1850 Martin Co. with mother and sister) married a Sarah Wynn prior to the Civil War. They had dau.s Mary and Martha (and maybe other children) ,before he (enlisted (?) and died during the Civil War). Sarah had other children and married John Clark before 1880 (refer to 1880 Martin Co. census). They had children also. One of Sarah's dau.s Charley Helen(Bland) md. Charlie Warren, she died and he remarried. Sarah also had other children Emma (Emily) who md. Wm. Downing Ange, Eli who md. (?) Gardner, and others(?) under the Bland name. Daugthers: Mary Bland md. Arnet Nelson Ange and Martha Bland md. Preston Ange. (*NOTE the three Ange's listed were brothers from Jamesville, N.C.) John Bland who md. Sarah Wynn (dau. of John (or Jack)Wynn) must have enlisted in the Civil War and was killed or died. I would like to know if he did and what side(and where buried). Sarah his wife wko later md. John Clark is buried in the Ange cem. near Jamesville, N.C. Also want info. on the Bland, Wynn, Clark and related families around Bear Grass and Everetts N.C. in Martin Co. I do have some info. to share. Bye for now and thanks.

Re: Reuben C. Bland

Posted: 3 Dec 2013 6:38AM GMT
Surnames: bland
My father was John Henry Bland, grandfather was James Harvey Bland, from Lewiston NC,we were family of Reuben Bland, he was my 2 or 3 great grandfather, really dont have any informing on him but been looking on the computer about it. dont know if we may be kin or not, but they were from Martin Co. Would like to here from you,.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions