Search for content in message boards

Hume faily

Hume faily

Mulligan (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2001 8:17PM GMT
Relative seeks info...John Henry Hamilton Hume m Mary Jane SHARPE...Sydney ,Australia..?1889..
Any information would be greatful
Thanks

HAMILTON

JOHN MORRISS HUME (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2001 6:21AM GMT
contact me at
john.hume@diamond.co.uk
I am in contact with relatives of THE HAMILTON HUME so I'm sure Hamilton must be related somewhere.

Re: Hamilton Hume NSW AUstralia

Marie Donaldson (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2004 11:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HUME
My friends are descended from John HUME b 1806 at WHiniff?? berwickshire SCT who married Emily Fenton in Sydney circa 1838.
He was, they think, the son of David Hume and Janet Houlistoun. He named one of his sons Hamilton Hume ( and another Kendall Thompson Hume.

The name Hamilton has passed down threough the generations in Australia. There has always been the story of the family's relationship with Hamilton Hume the Australian explorer but they have not been able to prove it.

There was even a report (I'm hazy on the details) of one descendant, NOT named HUME who went to (I think) a dentist who discovered some rare condition and said to the patient "You must be descended from Hamilton Hume. He had this condition and only his relatives have it too."

This has made the family now determined to find the link to Hamilton Hume. Can you help link them up? I have looked at H Hume's ancestry but cannot find the birth of any David in 1806.

Thanks on advance,
Marie in Sydney

Posted: 11 Jul 2007 3:12AM GMT
Surnames: HUME, ADAWAY, TAYLOR
We are looking for Mary Jane Hume who married John Adaway and had my ggrandmother Eva Mary Adaway born in Gunnedah.

We believe that Mary Jane was the daughter of Henry Hume and Catherine Taylor?

Any info would be much appreciated

Reply to
evperformancehorses@hotmail.com
or phone 02 42 360364

Posted: 14 Jan 2012 10:44PM GMT
Hi Marie,
I am descended from John Hume born 1806...apparently he is my great, great, great grandfather...ie going back 5 generations...

I too grew up with the family story of being related to Hamilton Hume the explorer, but from what I have now I don't think so :-((.

Please forward and my email to your friends...

Regards
Jennie Mulligan

Posted: 26 Jun 2012 12:44PM GMT
Your post is now very old, but I do have information which will interest you. My maiden name was Hume.Please contact me.

Posted: 26 Jun 2012 12:56PM GMT
Please note I am sharing an Ancestry account with my friend, so the name is different.

I would love to have any info you have that confirms or denies my friend's link to Hamilton Hume's family. Thankyou so much.
Marie in Sydney

Posted: 27 Jun 2012 5:50AM GMT
I guess I can't tell you what you really want to know! However, apparently my father - long dead - looked into this and decided that there is no traceable link.
However, the Hume family come from a fairly limited area of Scotland and use the same Christian names over and over, so he concluded they are connected.
The info I do have is about John Hume and his wife who came to Australia. My grandfather was Kendal Hume, and my sister and I are his only descendants. If anyone from that line wants to contact me I would be very happy. Jenny

Posted: 27 Jun 2012 1:58PM GMT
Surnames: Hume, McAlpine, Hamey
Thankyou Jenny for your reply. My friend is Mark McAlpine and he descends from John William Hume who married Elizabeth Hamey, then Archibald Douglas Hume, and Gwendoline M Hume who married Mark McAlpine senior. These are my friend's grandparents. I'm sure Mark would be happy to hear from you. Just email me and I will send you his address.

Regards, Marie Donaldson

Posted: 27 Jun 2012 2:04PM GMT
Thankyou Jenny for your reply. My friend is Mark McAlpine and he descends from John William Hume who married Elizabeth Hamey, then Archibald Douglas Hume, and Gwendoline M Hume who married Mark McAlpine senior. These are my friend's grandparents. I'm sure Mark would be happy to hear from you. How can he contact you please?

Regards, Marie Donaldson ps I activated my old "free" ancestry account
per page

Find a board about a specific topic