Search for content in message boards

WILLET TITUS - 1860 - N HEMPSTEAD

WILLET TITUS - 1860 - N HEMPSTEAD

Posted: 25 Jun 2000 1:34PM GMT
Edited: 20 Sep 2001 3:44AM GMT
MY GGRANDMOTHER WAS ENUMERATED WITH THIS FAMILY IN THE 1860 CENSUS. SHE WAS 22 YEARS OLD AND HER NAME WAS GEORGIANA SEAMAN. I AM TRYING TO FIND INFORMATION ON HER.

titus family

Norman Hollett (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2000 7:49PM GMT
My grandmother was Elizibeth willets Titus born in jerico in1896, Her brother, Burt Titus still lives in Jerico and is 95 yrs old..... Sounds like a possible conection

Titus

Posted: 15 Jul 2000 7:54PM GMT
Me again.... Check the friends cemtetry in Westbury NY at Post Ave and Jerico Tpke There is a large family plot there.... Lots of Titus's there including my grandparents

Titus

Posted: 15 Jul 2000 8:03PM GMT
I almost forgot..My grandmothers cousin was Robert Seaman He had an elementry school named after him in Jerico and had a farm on jerico Tpke at rt 107 torn down in 1962 to make way for a cloverleaf .... Hope this info is helpful.
Posted: 15 Jul 2000 10:53PM GMT
Edited: 20 Sep 2001 3:44AM GMT
MY GGRAND GEORGIANA SEAMAN WAS A SERVANT IN THAT HOUSHOLD. I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE SHE IS BURIED OR WHEN SHE DIED.

Burt Titus

Bill Arthurs (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2000 9:12AM GMT
Norman

I am trying to find the lineage of the Burt Titus mentioned in the New York Times announcement below. Is it the same Burt Titus that you refer to, and could you give me some help on this? The Monfort line also winds back into the Titus picture through the Willis and Mott lines. If you would contact me directly I would much appreciate anything you can do to help. (arthurs@cyberus.ca).

11. Marguerite Elizabeth Monfort. The New York Times of Dec. 16, 1934 had the following announcement: "Mr. Mrs. Burtis H. Monfort of Port Washington, LI announce the engagement of their daughter, Miss Marguerite Elizabeth Monfort, to Burt Titus, son of Mrs. Willet Titus of Westbury, LI. She graduated from Penn Hall in Chambersburg, Pa. and Mr. Titus graduated from Friends' Academy in Locust Valley, LI. He is a member of the staff of the Nassau County Trust Co. in Mineola, LI."

Thats My Great uncle

Posted: 16 Jul 2000 9:44AM GMT
Bill, This is is very exciting. Yes that is my uncle Burt and aunt Margie, Burt is my grandmothers brother both of them oae alive and in their ninties... Also Burt retired from the Roslyn Savings Bank. My father, Norman Hollett Jr. Would know much mor in that he has the family tree researched very well and we are very interested in the Times article.. Give him a call at 631 261 7416 [ Northport NY] or write to him at 16 Gilbert St. Northport NY11768

graves

harrydtitus (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2000 10:14AM GMT
i live in shickshinny penna.and we have lots titus*s

the family tree

harrydtitus (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2000 10:17AM GMT
please reply via email

Titus Family of L.I.

Posted: 1 Oct 2000 11:51AM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2002 2:32PM GMT
Barry,I have done some research on my family. I have come across the name Titus. I an in the Willet family. I don't know where you are from , but if you go to Friends Cemetery in Old Wrestbury on Post ave you may find some answers. If you have any other question,please E-mail me. Mike Keane
per page

Find a board about a specific topic