Search for content in message boards

Francis and Dorcas Land in SC

Francis and Dorcas Land in SC

Posted: 21 Apr 2008 11:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Land, Liles/Lyles, Eldridge
My 4th ggm was Dorcas Land born 1782 in the Abbeville area of SC. Her father was most likely Francis Land who had a farm in the extreme south western part of Chester County SC near the north western section of Fairfield Co,SC. They went to the Beaver Creek Baptist church just over the line in Fairfield Co.

Dorcas married John Liles/Lyles born in 1781 in MC but I believe he lived and was raised with his parents in Chester Co.,SC and that his father was John Liles/Lyles. I believe he was a grandson of the Indian Trader Lyles to SC in 1750 and also had Cherokee roots.

I would like to know Dorcas's parents names and her siblings if anyone has diffident proof. I would also love to find the Will of Francis Land who I believe was her father.

Dorcas and John Liles/Lyles moved to the Nashville, TN area for a few years then on to Henderson Co., KY in 1816 where they stayed and raised children, John Jr., Francis, Eldridge, Mayberry, Dorcas (b.1818 in KY and my 3rd ggm) Margery, Harriet, Mary and Polly. I have all the data on these chidren. There is Native American in the children. I have a tin type of Dorcas Jr.'s youngest daughter and my 2nd ggm.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Francis and Dorcas Land in SC

Posted: 25 Jun 2011 7:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello! I am very interested in your Liles information, because I believe the Harriet you mention is my 3g-grandmother. I am searching for information on the Harriet Liles that married Gustavus Banks Walker on 30 April 1840 in Henderson, KY. I know she would have been born about 1823 and that her census records state she was born in KY.
Harriet and GB went on to have 8 children:
John M. Walker 1841 – 1901
Permilia Frances Walker 1845 –
Silas W. Walker 1847 –
Elizabeth Walker 1848 –
Marjory Calista Walker 1853 – 1916
Albert F. Walker 1853 –
Peachie C Walker 1857 – 1928
James G Walker 1859 –

Any help would be most appreciated indeed,
Cara Shelton
per page