Search for content in message boards

Kinnane Stack Kinnear/Kennare/Kinnair families

Kinnane Stack Kinnear/Kennare/Kinnair families

Danielle (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kinnane, Stack, Kinnear, Geran
Welcome researchers of any of these names!

My g-g-g grandfather John Stack emigrated to Australia 1854 on "The Nugget" with his wife Dora (nee Geran/Gehan) and their 5? children:Thomas, Bridget(my g-g grandmother),Mary, John and I cant remember the others (will dig out of my mountains of bits of research paper!). Settled in Marion, South Australia as farmers. Bridget married John Kinnane from Lahinch,I think, in Co Clare, who came out with his Kinnane cousins from Clare after working 2 years in the cotton mills in Lancashire, England (until they could afford to pay their fares out).

Also descended from John Augustine Kinnear of Lisdoonvarna, Clare who emigrated 1880s? to South Australia, married Annie Keogh, whose father was from Co Wicklow. Family legend has it that one branch of Kinnear family changed their name on arrival in Australia (or was it changed my an official handling their emigration who assumed 'cos they were Irish it was spelt like this) to Kennare.

Have interesting info re probable relations of John Kinnear's in Lisdoonvarna from an investigation a Kennare cousin had done in Ireland by the Clare Heritage Centre,who seemed to do a thorough job.

Would love to know more about any of these people,especially info pre-emigration, if you are interested, and of course happy to share info with you.

Regards,
Danielle
South Australia

Re: Kinnane Stack Kinnear/Kennare/Kinnair families

Michael Kinnear (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2001 3:48AM GMT
Drew,

My grandfather is francis Dominic kinnear the son of john Kinnear and Annie Keough .Francis moved to Perth and served in WWI and WWII . He was married twice and had 2 sons from the first marriage .The sons are John Kinnear my uncle and Francis Brian Kinnear my father ,all of whom were male nurse in mental health .John Kinnear has one son Frank Kinnear and Francis brian Kinnear my father had 3 sons and a daughter.I am Michael the others are Brian,Timothy and Kerry. I have a son Mathew Kinnear and daughter Kirstie Kinnear and Timothy has 2 boys louis and joseph , I will email you with the details and would be interested in the previous history .

Regards

Michael Kinnear

Re: Kinnane Stack Kinnear/Kennare/Kinnair families

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 8:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Danielle

Please reply to my email address for information.
I posted a reply but an error occurred.pauline.oloughlin8@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions