Search for content in message boards

John Casey, North Roscommon, Ireland 1820

John Casey, North Roscommon, Ireland 1820

Posted: 26 Dec 2004 10:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Casey
Looking for any information about ancestors of John Casey (married a widow called either Lowe or McDonagh),who was born around 1820 in Dromdoe, Corrigeenroe, Boyle, Co. Roscommom, Ireland. His siblings were: James, Michael, Patrick, Bartholemew and Lawrence. I am a descendent living near the area in Roscommon.
Thanks, Gerry Casey.

Re: John Casey, North Roscommon, Ireland 1820

Bob Casey (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2005 4:08AM GMT
I'm not sure if this relates but my gg grandfather was James Casey born sometime around 1820. According to records in Monson Massachusetts where he moved, he was born in Bally Glarson. I have no idea if this is close. I do have some other lines which seem to be from Roscommon. Also one of his sons was named Lawrence.

Bob Casey

Posted: 5 Jan 2005 1:47AM GMT
There could be a link, Bob, I've just started exploring "our" Casey's in Roscommon, so any info you might be willing to share would be great! You can email me at gerrykc@iol.ie if you wish. Thanks very much.

Linda Fox (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2005 10:02PM GMT
Surnames: Casey
Hello,

I've also been exploring my Casey relatives from County Roscommon. My great great grandfather, Thomas Casey, came from Ballymoe and married Mary Dignan. Thomas's father, I believe, was Patrick Casey, who had a brother named John. Patrick Casey and John Casey would have been born around 1810-1820. They also had many sisters. Ballymoe is sometimes listed as being located in County Galway. If you feel that these people may be relatives, please let me know. Most likely, all Caseys in the early 1800's were related to some degree if they came from County Roscommon. Linda

Posted: 27 Sep 2006 5:46PM GMT
Surnames: Casey /Dillon
Hi Linda,
My husband's father James Andrew Casey was born Ballahadareen, Roscommon Co, Ire. His father was James Henry Casey b ca 1853 same place, d 1928 St Paul, Mn. This James Henry md 30 May 1882 Ballahadareen to Mary Bridget Dillon b 1860 supposedly from the same place in Ire. she also died 1922 in St Paul, Mn.
James Henry Casey 's father was Thomas Casey who md 2 Mar 1835 Roscommon Co, Ire to Mary Duffy, her father could have been Martin Duffy.
Mary Bridget Dillon's parents were James Dillon and Mary Duggan.
I have such little info on this family, I'm hoping to find anything at all about them.
Do you think there could be a connection?
I don't know of any sibling to James Henry Casey but Mary Bridget Dillon had 3 brothers who also came to the US John Dillon b Apr 1863 Ire, Thomas Henry b Aug 1869 Ire, and James b Dec 1872 Ire.
I'd love to hear from you.
Thanks Betty

Posted: 18 Mar 2011 3:31AM GMT
Surnames: CASEY in Roscommon - near Boyle
Gerry
Bet you didn't expect a reply this late to your post did you.
I have only recently made any progress on my CASEYs. My James had at least 2 sons - John b abt 1816 and Thomas who both left for Edinburgh in late 1840's. Around or near Boyle.
Unfortunately I doubt I can help you but any assistance/ advice you can offer much appreciated. Do you have your John's fathers name?
Brendan

Posted: 18 Mar 2011 3:34AM GMT
Linda
I have only recently made any progress on my CASEYs. Mine are from near and around Boyle.
My James had at least 2 sons - John b abt 1816 and Thomas who both left for Edinburgh in late 1840's. Around or near Boyle. This does put John about the right time for Patrick.
I think James's wife was Catherine [surname ?]. If you think this ties in contact me please.
Cheers
Brendan

Posted: 18 Mar 2011 3:35AM GMT
Linda
I have only recently made any progress on my CASEYs. Mine are from near and around Boyle.
My James had at least 2 sons - John b abt 1816 and Thomas who both left for Edinburgh in late 1840's. Around or near Boyle. This does put John about the right time for Patrick.
I think James's wife was Catherine [surname ?]. If you think this ties in contact me please.
Cheers
Brendan

per page

Find a board about a specific topic