Search for content in message boards

Daniel Cassidy, Mary McGarvey Ireland to Gateshead by 1851

Daniel Cassidy, Mary McGarvey Ireland to Gateshead by 1851

Posted: 29 Dec 2013 4:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Trying to find out where in Ireland Daniel and Mary came from. They are on several UK census records from 1861 onwards living in Gateshead, Durham England.
The surname shows as Cassiddy and later as Cassidy.
I estimate they were borm in 1823 and 1831.
Looks like they had a connection to the O'Neil family too, also in Gateshead.
Would welcome tips on which sites to try to get emigration records (Ireland to England) and also which sites to try for births and marriages as unable to find them on this one.
Thanks!

Re: Daniel Cassidy, Mary McGarvey Ireland to Gateshead by 1851

Posted: 29 Dec 2013 5:10PM GMT
Hi,
I have Cassidy family that ended up in Gateshead and Newcastle. They were from Crossmaglen, Armagh. I know of one marriage to a Garvey in the family but no McGarveys. O’Neil doesn’t ring a bell either. It may be worth looking in to.

Have you been on rootsireland.ie? It’s a pay site that has transcribed church and civil records for many counties in Ireland and I’ve made some good finds using it.

Best of luck in your search.
Dan

Posted: 29 Dec 2013 5:48PM GMT
Interesting!
Its a little bit like a needle in a haystack at the moment as the census only says Ireland,,,

Attached the family I am trying to trace to Ireland.
If there are any overlaps let me know.

Cheers,
Helen
Attachments:

Posted: 30 Dec 2013 12:52AM GMT
Your Cassidys came to England before mine. I don't see any familiar names but I did look at some of these census records. Patrick was 7 years old in the 1861 census. That means he was born in Ireland in 1853-4. I found a Patrick Cassidy born in Derry to Daniel and Mary Cassidy on rootsireland.ie. If you purchased some credits, you may be able to find the maiden name of this Mary, the parish and perhaps address of this Daniel and Mary. They may be yours!

Good luck!
Dan

Posted: 1 Jan 2014 12:03PM GMT
Thankyou...will look into it.
Good luck with your search too!
Helen Cassidy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic