Search for content in message boards

LACKEY's: Please straighten me out,

LACKEY's: Please straighten me out,

Posted: 10 Jul 2010 11:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LACKEY, WHITE
I know that my Lackey relative was Mary Alice LACKEY (1861 AL-1934 OK). Her father was Noble Riley LACKEY (1823 AL-1894 TX). His father was Andrew M LACKEY(1796-NC-1869 AL), a Revolutionary War vet. His father was William LACKEY (1754, Ireland?-1848 AL) The family trees I've seen and attached to, show William married to Elizabeth WHITE b 1755 NC.... Also, they show William's father as Alexander LACKEY b 1725 Ireland and mother as Hannah. I have no proofs re people's fathers but believe info thru A M Lackey is pretty much accepted.

Re: LACKEY's: Please straighten me out,

Posted: 12 Jul 2010 2:55AM GMT
Brenda

I can send you a Photo attachment of Noble Riley LACKEY, age 28, John Ellis, 6, 1856, Ala.
gpreas@swbell.net
Gerald Preas

Posted: 29 Apr 2011 1:04AM GMT
I'm a Lackey living in Ardmore, Oklahoma, doing a tree for my husband's family...they all seem to come from Arkansas, Carolina's.

Posted: 30 Apr 2011 2:48AM GMT
Please
Looking for the following
Sarah LACKEY
Birth abt 1828
married Sevier co., Arkansas, 28 Dec 1843 to Clark WARD
and
Matilda Lackey
Birth 1814
Married Hempstead Co., Arkansas, 15 Nov. 1846 to Andrew J WARD

thaks any help woul be great thanks

Posted: 14 Jun 2011 8:46PM GMT
William Lackey b. Aug. 5, 1753 Lancaster PA. ( Ref: Reg. of marriages & Baptisms by Rev. Jophn Cuthbertson 1751 - 1791 in PA. State Library.)M. Elizabeth White 1774 in Abbeville, SC.
Need Help ? -
Johnnielac3@aol.com

Posted: 16 Jun 2011 1:00AM GMT
My Lackeys came to the U.S. into Virginia, from Scotland, not Ireland. In Scotland, the Lackey name was then Leckie, from the 1st through the 12th Laird of Leckie, Scotland. But there is an Alexander Lackey.

Posted: 16 Jun 2011 1:41AM GMT
PLEASE can any one helpI do not kno if they are kin or not these are the two lackey i have in my tre they morried brothers david and andrew WARD but i do not know nothing about sarah and Matilda Lackey if they are sister or even any kin but there were a lot of brothers that married sister back then does any one have any info on these Lackeys
LACKEY, Matilda 1825 - Arkansas, USA -
MARRIED 15 nov 1846 ark Hempstead Co., Arkansas, USA have marriage doucment
Andrew J. Ward
Birth 1819 in Hempstead Co., Arkansas

LACKEY, Sarah abt 1828 - Arkansas, USA
married 28 dec 1843 Sevier co., Arkansas, USA
David Clark WARD
Your 3rd great grand uncle
Birth abt 1825 in Arkansas

Posted: 5 Jul 2011 10:31PM GMT
I'd love to see the proof of the Lackeys descending from the 1st through 12th Laird of Scotland. Although the record say that the William Lackey b. 1760 married to Rebecca) came from Scotland and he is in Maryland by 1720, I find nothing to really tie him to a place in Scotland. I'd love to believe the genealogy that is posted however, everyone wants to believe their line connects into royalty. The name alone is no proof or at least I don't think so. Any helps would be great.

Lorna

Posted: 5 Jul 2011 10:35PM GMT
Did that William who was married to Elizabeth White have a son named Samuel by any chance? My dead end ancestor is a Samuel Lackey wife unknown who lived in the Tennessee, NCarolia area. His kids are Adam Allen b 1802 William b 1797, Reuben 1795 Moses, Rebecca, MAry and Polly. Most lived in Alabama. Any ideas?

Posted: 6 Jul 2011 4:17PM GMT
Thank you very much for this info, and I really appreciate the reference. There is no info on who William's father is? Would the state library have marriage bonds or something that might give a clue? I've not dealt with a state place before, but I'd like to get a copy of that page, if nothing else..

On another note, I still think it would be helpful if people would take the family finder test, although it might require saving up the money.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic