Search for content in message boards

Cain's from N.C.

Cain's from N.C.

Cain, Dennis (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2001 8:10AM GMT
I am trying to find out if any of my ancestors were in the civil war, I know I had a great,great Grand Father on the Sutphin Side was in the civil war , I just wanted to see if any Cain's were in it . any one has any information please E Mail me THANKS!!!

cain family

lynn henning (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2001 8:56AM GMT
Dennis--in mo there was a Matthias cain who fought for the south. I have a bear bond from the bank of richmond for 50.00 at eight percent interest. When the gold is found that jefferson davis hit, I am putting my clain in. what information do you have on the cains's in nc? this is were I am losted
trying to find my grandfather==thomas cain
lynn

Re: cain family

Posted: 24 Jun 2001 6:21AM GMT
Surnames: cain
i have a thomas cain his father was daniel thomas cain thomas was born between 1740-1743 in de and died bef.1817 in nc married to a celia steelman daughter or matthias steelman and ruth? i have more if this fits you thomas i come from a long line of cains.dating back to 1640 to england ,good luck karenlostangel@aol.com

Re: Cain's from N.C.

Posted: 24 Jun 2001 6:54AM GMT
Surnames: cain
so far i have found a james cain roster of fayette co veterans assoc.:fayette co pa in the 14th pa calvary compapy b,i have another james cain in the union army and moved to ind.after the cival war i know i read last night of one other but now i can't find it i am working on only 26 pgs the begining of charles cain he emigrated from england in 1640,the moved from va,wv,nj,de,nc,all with in 26 pgs. of history goodluck karen eiland if you are related let me know thanks

Posted: 29 Jun 2001 6:40PM GMT
Classification: Birth
Surnames: Cain, Steelman
I am searching for parents of Daniel Cain, b. 1768 in DE and married Elizabeth Hutchins in Rowan NC in 1789. They are buried in Bear Creek Church Cemetery, Davie Cnty, NC. Believe that parents of Daniel are Thomas Cain and Sealah Steelman Cain. We have documentation from 1790 on but nothing before that. Looking for information relating Daniel to Thomas.

Deena Cain Perry (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2001 2:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am the sister of a Dennis Cain from NC. My finding in Surry County show a Thomas Cain born to William ( Billy ) Henderson and Margarat Francis Cain which is my great grandfather. My grandfather being Floyd there son. I am also interested in family history like yourself. Hope this helps....

Posted: 22 Jan 2007 9:06PM GMT
Thomas and Sealah (also know throughout the forums as Celia) Cain did have a son named Daniel born in 1768. That was their oldest son so far as I can determine. I have read that Thomas' father was Daniel Thomas Cain, which make sense because the 1st born son at that time was typically named for the father's father. Sealah's parents were Matthais and Ruth Steelman of Kent County, DE.

Please share whatever other information you have on Daniel. I can share more on his siblings too.

Posted: 22 Jan 2007 9:09PM GMT
Thomas and Sealah (also know throughout the forums as Celia) Cain did have a son named Daniel born in 1768. That was their oldest son so far as I can determine. I have read that Thomas' father was Daniel Thomas Cain, which make sense because the 1st born son at that time was typically named for the father's father. Sealah's parents were Matthais and Ruth Steelman of Kent County, DE.

Please share whatever other information you have on Daniel. I can share more on his siblings too.

Posted: 1 Jul 2007 10:49AM GMT
Several Cain of NC family lines are represented in the Cain DNA project at www.familytreedna.com/public/Cain-Caine
One descendant, a community college professor, is quite an authority on Cains of NC. He can be contacted by members of the Cain DNA project.
Rory Cain
per page

Find a board about a specific topic