Search for content in message boards

Who thought up this idiotic change

Who thought up this idiotic change

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 4:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Changing people to PRIVATE and hiding them from ME IN MY OWN TREE is more than stupid, it is asinine. Who thought up this idiotic thing. Is this a glitch or are we not to view people in our OWN TREES. How much crazier can Ancestry get. This mess is why I always put everything in my FTM program before adding to my online trees.

Re: Who thought up this idiotic change

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 4:11AM GMT
Edited: 22 Apr 2013 4:11AM GMT
I don't think it was a change. It seems to be a glitch when using the old merge tool. If you switch over to the beta - yes, I know everyone hates the beta - but if you switch over to the beta, the problem does not exist.

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 5:39AM GMT
I did't use a merge tool at all. And unless I am forced to use the BETA nonsense, I will refuse to use it.

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 5:45AM GMT
Edited: 22 Apr 2013 5:45AM GMT
In that case, did you try clearing your broswer's cache/cookies and logging in again to see if that resolves it (I assume you are still seeing living people in FTM and it's just the AMT where the problem exists). And I know it's stupid advice, but it sometimes works.

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 12:48PM GMT
MB -
Did you save/attach a record to any of those people showing as "Private" in the last couple of days?

Attached screenshot of what is happening.
Attachments:

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 2:49PM GMT
Yes.

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 3:15PM GMT
I have submitted the problem to Tech Support - suggest you may want to do the same.

The same issue - even worse - happens with people who are actually living, but I did not wish to post a screenshot of a living person's details.

I've learned to watch very carefully as I add a record to anyone. I had another one this morning, of a deceased person, adding her SSDI, but because she was less than 100 when she died, the attach process planned to strip everything from her existing record.

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 5:03PM GMT
The two I noticed were actually living and instead of having the name there what I got was private-even in my own tree. Seems like everything something is launched or changed, we get screw ups-that is if this is a screw up instead of just a new way to push us into their new beta thing.

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 5:10PM GMT
You can correct the name back before clicking on save, but, I agree, it is a nuisance and should not be happening.

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 6:51PM GMT
I did but it is extremely annoying and should not be happening at all.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic