Search for content in message boards

Davenports' from Kentucky

Davenports' from Kentucky

Posted: 3 Nov 2001 1:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Apr 2005 8:00PM GMT
Surnames: Davenport, Taylor, Bradley, Nay, Ney
I am researching my mother's family. My grandfather was Harry Edward Davenport borne near Lexington Ky in 1898. He had 5 brothers and 1 sister. His father was William Warder Davenport buried in the Maysville Ky cemetery. His father was Marshal Nay ( or Ney) Davenport and I think the gf in the previous generation was Thomas. Can anyone shed light on this family. They are married into Bradley's and Taylor's. I have read almost all the other information on the internet and have not found any names matching my Davenports.

Re: Davenports' from Kentucky

Posted: 15 Aug 2011 12:39AM GMT
Surnames: Davenport
My Grandfather was William Ward Davenport from Maysville. He died in Lexington in '68 or '69. He was married to Edith Ginn of Maysville and had one living son, my father, Louis Taylor Davenport. I do not know anything about my grandfather's father or mother, but I wonder if they could be related - the names are very similar. My grandfather had at least three brothers, one named Scott, one Louis, I do not know the other's names. There was also one sister named Elizabeth, we caklled her aunt Libby. I met Scott, Louis, and Elizabeth, theye were my great uncles and my great aunt. This sounds like the same family to me. This is a pretty old thread, I hope you get this...

Posted: 28 Sep 2011 5:21PM GMT
Hi my name is Jacob Lee Davenport. I would like to find out if mine or you family has any kind of connection at all, I have two brothers and one sister their names are Tiffany Elaine Davenport, Curtis Drew Davenport jr, and Andrew Kieth davenport. My fathers name is Curtis Drew Davenport Sr, and my momma's name is Kitty Sue Davenport

Posted: 27 Jun 2013 2:19AM GMT
Beth, Your remarks and suspicions are quite correct. Your father was my mother's 1st cousin and your grandfather came to pick me up to take me home for my grandfther's (Harry E. Davenport's) funeral. I lived with Aunt Bibby for a while after I graduated from college. I remember when you were born. I met your father Louis Taylor @ the cemetery in Maysville when Aunt Bibby was buried. I cared for her in her elderly years. We should talk.
Judith Grove Pflaumer, daughter of Margaret Eileen Davenport Grove
per page

Find a board about a specific topic