Search for content in message boards

Silas and Zillar Weeks

Silas and Zillar Weeks

Posted: 2 Jun 2007 6:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Weeks, Ragin, Hunter
I am descended from Silas (son of Theophilus Weeks) and Zillar Hunter Weeks. Their son James Weeks moved to Sumter County, SC, and Alethea Ragin was one of his wives. I am descended from their son James H. Weeks, Jr. If anyone is interested in the information I have found and/or been given, I'll gladly share what I have.

Re: Silas and Zillar Weeks

Posted: 22 Aug 2007 5:05PM GMT
I have just started working on this branch of my husband's family. He is supposedly descended from John O'Steen who married Ada Weeks b 1765. They married in NC and then moved south living at various times in south GA and north FL. I don't have proof, but have noted that Ada is perhaps the daughter of Silas Weeks and Zillar Hunter. I would very much appreciate seeing what you have on this family particularly if it helps me link Ada to these parents. Have you been able to trace the family further back than Silas?

Thank you,
Nancy

Posted: 10 Sep 2007 12:44PM GMT
Surnames: Weeks, West, Ragin, Kolb
I am also related to James Weeks, Sr. through both James Weeks, Jr. (my 4G Grandfather) and Sarah 'Sallie" Weeks (my 3G Grandmother). I have no information on Alethea Ragin nor Charity V. West (wife of James Weeks, Jr.). Do you have any information?

thanks, Rick Kolb

Posted: 11 Sep 2007 6:24PM GMT
Surnames: Turner
I know this is a long shot but your Silas Turner di he hail from NC being born around late 1700 - early 1800's, I have what looks like a Silas Turner that seems to move with my AMos Turner for a couple of Census's but our history only shows Amos and no Brothers or sisters. I have a WIlliam Turner as father but that is not a sourced item and I have a couple of diffrent names for his mother.

Ken

Posted: 12 Sep 2007 1:04PM GMT
Surnames: Weeks
According to www.singletonfamily.org, Ada Weeks was the daughter of Silas Weeks (born about 1737, Swansboro, Carteret County, NC) and Zillar Hunter. If you check out the site and type in Ada Weeks, you'll be able to access lots of info about her family.

You may also want to check out www.geocities.com/
~weekseekers/. If you'll google some of the names that you have, you'll be surprised at the sites you'll be directed to. Hope that this helps in your search.

Posted: 12 Sep 2007 1:29PM GMT
According to the information that my cousin, Glenn Wesley Corbett, collected, Charity West was the daughter of James West and Rebecca Weeks. Charity was born about 1778 in North Carolin (possibly Swansboro, Carteret County) and died in 1859, SC (probably Sumter District).

I don't have any info about Alethea Ragin.

You did know that the Weeks originally came to SC from Mass. via Carteret County, NC? If you Google Theophilus Weeks, you'll find several sites that tell about the Weeks family. Theophilus was the father of Silas Weeks who married Zillar Hunter.

Happy hunting!

Posted: 12 Sep 2007 1:33PM GMT
So sorry. My Silas was a Weeks not a Turner, though Silas Weeks' family was from Swansboro, Carteret County, NC. Perhaps they knew each other. Good luck with the family history search.

Posted: 20 Sep 2007 5:59PM GMT
Surnames: Weeks,
Would love more info on this line of the Weeks'
I descend from Joseph Christian and Charlotte Catherine Stoudemyer. Paxville, Sumter area, and spread out.
thanks, Bonnie Weeks Baggett

bonniebaggett53@msn.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic