Search for content in message boards

Sterling Haley

Sterling Haley

Posted: 2 Feb 2010 7:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Haley, Estes
I am looking for information on Sterling Haley, b. 1792 in Virginia, d. 1857 in Putnam Co. GA. He married Mary Polly Estes, daughter of Bartlett Estes in 1817, Halifax Co. VA. I'm specifically looking for information regarding parents and siblings

Re: Sterling Haley

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 12:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Haley
I believe your Sterling Haley may have possibly been the brother of Jesse Haley (b. ~1803. Both were living in the same area of Halifax County, VA in the 1820's. Sterling is listed as paying personal property tax in Halifax County, Va 1822-1825 and Jesse is begins paying taxes in 1824 (when he turned 21). They are listed close together on the non-alphabetized tax lists. In 1825, Sterling, Jesse and a William Haley are all listed close together on the tax list. William Haley disappears from the tax list after 1825 indicating he may have left the county. A Polly Haley appears for the years 1822-1824.

Given their close proximity on the tax lists, it seems reasonable these individuals were somehow related. Have you come across any of these individuals in your research?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic