Search for content in message boards

Rhoades/Rhodes/Roads/etc.

correctiion

Teri Rhoades (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rhoades, Rhoads
Savvana's maiden was Collins and she became a morris in Oklahoma.

Seems my greatgrand=father abondon her and she remarried.

Rhoades/Rhodes/Roads/etc.

Teri Rhoades (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Rhoades, Rhodes, Rhoads, Roads
My grandfather was Edward J. Rhoades actually we think Rhoads and we know he and his mother and her family where removed to oklahoma. My Grandfather was around 3-6 at the time of removal (we think) His mother's name was Savvana? and her last name/maiden was Morris. We would like any info., relatives, where my grandfather died, we know both he and his mother were married several times, and we would like to know if his tribe is Cherokee or Deleware, some of my Great Aunt and Uncles differ of this subject..I suspect they were Deleware but were registered as Cherokee for some reason. My great uncle also told me we spell our last name wrong and that nuns in a school somewhere changed it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. (My great uncle has had several strokes that is why he is of limited help).

Rhodes, Morris roll numbers

Posted: 1 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Dec 2002 7:09AM GMT
Surnames: RHODES, MORRIS
Savannah Morris is shown on the Dawes Rolls as 41 years old as of Sept. 1, 1902, 1/4 Cherokee blood, not Delaware, and living in Nowata, OK at that time. Her Dawes no. is 30803.
Her Miller roll no. is 19496.
Under her corresponding family census no 10361, an Edward Rhodes is listed as 13 years old (as of 9/1/1902), male, 1/8th Cherokee, and living in Nowata, OK.
His Dawes no. is 30804. His Miller roll no. is 19497. Milsurn references Morris in prior years.
During a quick search, these are the only 2 I found under the same family census number.
You may want to send for a copy of their Dawes and Miller roll applications. These applications can be full of additional family information that the Dawes or Miller books don't provide.

I hope this has helped.

Re:savanah Morris

Tiffany Daley (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Morris, Blagg, Coggins, Bogges, Chapman
Do you know if maybe Savanah Morris of Nowata OK was any relation to John Benjamin Morris of Blanchard, OK? He was also a Cherokee. I have no info on him except that he married a lady by the name of Della Mae (Coggins) Morris and both are burried in Blanchard Cemetary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic