Search for content in message boards

Avilla Interest.

Avilla Interest.

Robyn Prayitno (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2001 12:10PM GMT
Surnames: Avila De Sousa Avilla and Silveira
Hi, I found this site in searching and am interested in the information you may have regarding ancestry. My great grandfather received letters from his family in Ribeira Seca, Sao Jorge. His parents signed as Isabel Silveira and Antoni Machado Sousa Avilla. I would appreciate any assistance you could provide to my search. I have other letters from a brother Joao Machado Avilla. These letters are dated between 1874 to 1879. The letters indicate that the father Antoni dies between 26.01.1878 and 09.04.1879.

Re: Avilla Interest.

paulo lopes matos (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2002 12:45AM GMT
Classification: Birth
I found your family in my database in Ribeira Seca. A presume they had 14 children between 1832-1855. I can sendto you the recorde of thise family.

Paulo Matos - Lisboa

Posted: 5 Dec 2002 6:28PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Seca
Hello, my name is Melissa Seca and I'm trying to find out where my last name is from and what it means. If you Know anything please contact me at my e-mail address. If I have family I'd like to know also. Thank you.

Posted: 25 Sep 2004 8:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I think we might be connected. why dont you email me at julzzy66@yahoo.com. Then we can see if we have a match. I dont have dates for some of the people you are talking about so I cant be for sure. Look forward to hearing from you.
Julie

Posted: 6 Apr 2010 1:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Paulo,

Are your ancestors from Brazil or Portugal? I don't have Avila but I have Lisboa Matos ancestors. I descend from Dom Jose Antonio Lisboa and his wife, D. Josefa Matos. Their son, Antonio Lisboa Matos came to Puerto Rico in the middle of the XIX century. He came from Rio de Janeiro. He was either born in Brazil or Portugal. The family history goes that he came from a prominent Portuguese family. Antonio married in Puerto Rico.

If you know where the Lisboas settled in Rio de Janeiro, please let me know. I am finding information on the Matos but not much on the Lisboas.

Thanks for any info you might be able to share.

Miriam

Posted: 25 Apr 2010 8:52AM GMT
Classification: Birth
Yes that is correct. I would be very interessted in what you have to help. My great grandfather is Eugene.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic