Search for content in message boards

HUTCHISON

HUTCHISON

MAURICE JAY HUTCHISON JR (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2000 2:12PM GMT
WOULD LIKE ANY INFO ON,DR HUTCHISON, GEORGE WHITFIELD . WENT TO MED SCHOOL IN GEORGIA,
MOVED TO TEXAS IN THE LATE 1890S, WE KNOW CLAN HEAR SAY FROM NORTH CAROLINA,.HIS WIFE WAS ALMA WILLIAMS.

George W. Hutchison

Posted: 6 Jul 2000 6:50PM GMT
Edited: 4 Nov 2003 4:26PM GMT
My family had a Geo. W. Hutchison (born 1843) in it. He was one of 6 children, the youngest of which was Rufus David Hutchison (my gr.grandfather) who was born in Alabama in 1859 when the family was on their way to work a farm near Pontotoc, MS. Tehy were the sons of John H. and Susan Hutchison, born in North Carolina in 1826 and 1828, respectively. I know the rest of the children (other than my grandfather) were born in Ga., at least according to the 1860 census, where i got this informatin.

Does this jive with any of your findings?

GEORGE WHITFIELD HUTCHISON

MAURICE JAY HUTCHISON (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2000 7:40AM GMT
Thank you for your info, My grandfather DR.GEORGE WHITFIELD HUTCHISON BORN APRIL 4TH 1867 AS FOR AS WE KNOW WAS FROM NORTH CAROLINA, WENT TO MED SCHOOL IN GA, THEN MOVED TO BROWNWOOD TEX AS ONE OF THE FIRST DOCTORS IN THAT REGION, DIED IN 1929. WE KNOW THRU HEAR SAY THAT THE FAMILY ORIGINATED IN NC, SO I GUESS IAM STILL LOOKING FOR MORE INFO, I KNOW ONE OF HIS UNCLES WAS A CONGRESSMAN FROM NC? PLEASE ADVISE.

George W. Hutchison

Posted: 7 Jul 2000 8:54PM GMT
It sounds like these are two different gentlemen, as the fellow I have in my geneaology was born in 1843 in Georgia, according to the 1860 census. I don't have any other information than that on him, as he was a Gr. Uncle I haven't followed that line yet.

Thanks anyway -

RWH
Posted: 2 Jun 2001 4:45PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 6:55PM GMT
Do you have a W.M. born in Ga.? Haven't found his parents yet! He later wed a woman
that was B. in Tenn., had 1 Child there.
Any connection?

W.M.Hutchison

Posted: 5 Jun 2001 5:58PM GMT
William M. Hutchison in my tree was born in Georgia in 1849. His parents were John H. & Susan Hutchison, both born in 1826 and 1828 respectively, in North Carolina. They appear thus in the 1860 census, residing then just outside Pontotoc, MS. I haven't found Susan's last name yet, nor John's parents. William's youngest brother, Rufus, was my great grandfather.

Bill Hutchison

W.M. Hutchison

Posted: 8 Jun 2001 7:43PM GMT
Sounds like you are my connection.
I found most of the info on W.M. from his son's death certificate . Have you tried the
death certificates to see if you could out
who Susan's name?
Thanks for the info.

W.M. Hutchison

I found most of the info on W.M. from his son's death certificate . Have you tried the
death certificates to see if you could find out
what Susan's name was?
Thanks for the info.

W.M. Hutchison

death certificates to see if you could find out
what Susan's name was?
Thanks for the info.

Re: George W. Hutchison & Rufus

Posted: 4 Oct 2001 2:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jan 2004 7:14AM GMT
Surnames: Peevy Peavy Peavey Peevey Hutchinson
I'm not sure if and how our lines tie together, but I'm crossing my fingers as this is one of my worst brick walls!

I have a Mary "Polly" Hutchinson that married Isaac Peevy in Butler County, Alabama. They named one of their sons Rufus.

I am wondering if my Mary Hutchinson was a sibling, cousin, etc. of your line. Maybe we could email and compare notes. I'd be interested in whatever you have about Rufus' siblings, parents, aunts, uncles, etc.

Thanks so much!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions