Search for content in message boards

Joyners from North Carolina

Joyners from North Carolina

Howard R. Buckles Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2000 5:07PM GMT
Children of Augustus Perry Joyner and Eveline Timberlake Yarbrough were John Calvin Joyner, James Thomas Joyner, Albert Jones Joyner, Jordan Byron Joyner, Joel Ricks (Rix) Joyner, Jerry Hampton Joyner, Joseph Ellis Joyner, Sarah Elizabeth Joyner, Emma Greene Joyner, Mary Ballard Joyner. Does anyone have information on these Joyner family members?

Joyner search

Rick Tunnell (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2000 6:57PM GMT
I know very little about my Joyner ancestry. My great great grandfather was James Joyner. My great great grandmother is unknown to me however it has been said that she was of Cherokee descent. My great grand mother was Sallie, Sally or Sarah Joyner. She was married to Newton Matheson. i do know that they were from western North Carolina. I'm uncertain of which county. I do know that my great grandfather (Matheson)married Sally in Watauga County. I know this is not much to go on, but if you are able to shed any light on this, it would be appreciated.

Regards,
Rick Tunnell
Wixom, MI.

InRe: Joyner Search

Howard R. Buckles Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2000 6:18AM GMT
Dear Rick I am in the process of tracing out the Joyner line (my mother's side of family) Like you I am working without much to go on. Here's what I have at present: Augustus Perry Joyner-Eveline Timberlake Yarbrough, Children were: John Calvin, James Thomas, Albert Jones, Jordan Byron, Joel Ricks, Jerry Hampton, Joseph Ellis, Sarah Elizabeth, Emma Greene, Mary Ballard. All these were sons or daughters of A.P. Joyner. My Grandfather was Jordan Byron Joyner- L.Kellon Gupton. Their children were Newnan C., Evelyn C., Mable J. Mable J. is my mother. Sorry I can't be more help but I don't have much info. to rely on. Cordially Howard R. Buckles Jr.

No Carolina

Posted: 10 Oct 2000 2:17PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 3:21PM GMT
Howard, I don't think our families are the same but there might be a connection. My family is from Yadkin Co (Surry). There were two Joyner brothers that moved to this county in the 1700's. In your research did you come across anything that might be of help for me?
blucricket@humboldt.net

Joyner/Yadkin County

Howard R. Buckles, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2000 3:42PM GMT
Dear Joyce my line is from Nash Co.,Pitt Co., Franklin Co., and also from Yadkin Co. I will gladly share information on Joyners with you. Drop me a line with names you are interested in. Cordially Howard R. Buckles, Jr.

Joyners in Yadkins

Posted: 10 Oct 2000 10:59PM GMT
Hi Howard, I have been told there was two Joyners that came to Yadkin (Surry) county NC, in the 1700's. The first was a John and the other (a brother?) named David. I have found David's. I do not know if they are connected to my family.

I am looking for the John Joyner's family line that came before David's.

To start with...I know very little of my Joyner family. What I do know is the family has lived in the East Bend area "always" and they were Quakers. My Great grand parents names were John Joyner and Mary Davis. (No year of birth or marriage. Both died about 1892 in an epidemic). Their first child was born in 1871, Robert Lee, then Mary Elizabeth, Charles Grant, Wiley Thomas, William H, and James Gurney. (note there is not a Timothy, David or Julius. But, the names John, Thomas, Mary, Elizabeth and Frances are in the grand children's names)

In the 1860 East Bend Census a Timothy Joyner and family;Timothy is 38. His wife Frances 32 and the children as follows: Elizabeth C 17,
John T 16 (possibly 'My John Joyner', born about 1844) Julia F 15, Mary P 14, David W 12, Julius J 8.

This Timothy's parents were David Joyner and Catherine Coe. Their first born, Zachariah in 1811. Followed by John, David, Thimothy, Margeret and Sally.

I do not know the names of the children of John or David. I am looking for these names.

This Zachariah is not my line.
Zachariah's children names are Giles b: 1838, Andrew Zachariah, Saunders, Ellis, Doctor, Julia, Pauline and Sarah b:1852.

My Joyner family has very little personal stories passed down. John and Mary died when their children were young. The children did not stay in close contact with each other. Only three stayed in North Carolina. My grandfather was not one of them.

So, there you have it Howard. My research has been a process of elimination. I doubt our families connect. I am hoping in your research you may have found info that did not help you but, may help me.

Thank you for your time and any leads you can send my way. Sincerely, Joyce

William H. Joyner

R. Joyner (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2001 5:35PM GMT
My husband had a William H. Joyner in his family line that was from Gallatin, Tennessee. He married a Martha Perry. Please let me know if this is the same Joyner family that you are researching.

Still looking for his family

Posted: 31 Jan 2001 7:36PM GMT
I have found quite a bit of info since I posted. But, I still do not know much about William. This is what I have.

William ÔWillÕ H. Joyner (ventured to Indiana and Illinois return to North Carolina)
(occ: Music Salesman, Real Estate Investor)
B:Jan 16 probably 1879
D:May 10 1939 Winston Salem NC, Buried:Yankinville NC
M:?
CH: two daughters, one possibly in Chicago Illinois, one possibly Canada.

William H. Joyner

R.Joyner (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2001 9:30AM GMT
I don't know if we're looking for the same W.H. Joyner or not. I know the one I'm looking for had at least 1 son that was born in Tennessee.

Re: Joyner/Yadkin County

Dianna (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2001 12:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am from Nash County and I also am researching my family history. My father's name was Exum Ollie Joyner, grandfather was Perry Joyner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions