Search for content in message boards

Isaac Simmons

Isaac Simmons

Posted: 26 Sep 1999 12:29PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2001 3:20PM GMT
I am looking for information on Isaac Simmons. He had a son--Samuel W. Simmons whose son was Samuel Marion Simmons. Samuel Marion was my great grandfather. They lived in Alabama and later moved to Walton County, Florida in 1850's or 1860's.

Simmons

Suzanne (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 1999 11:59AM GMT
I also have a Simmons family in AL. They were from Elizabeth City, Pasquotank Co. NC. THey setteled in Pike Co. AL. I have a John R. S. Simmons and one of his sons was Robert (Bob) Isaac. Bob Isaac had a son named Isaac born in 1839. Maybe we have a connection here.

Isaac Simmons

Posted: 2 Oct 1999 7:31AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2001 3:20PM GMT
Thanks for replying. My Isaac Simmons was born in 1790's in NC. He married a Lydia Neeley. Their sons were SAMUEL W. SIMM0NS born 1821 in AL and Gardner B. Simmons born in 1825 in AL. Samuel married Susannah Stewart in 1844 in Pike County, AL. Their son Samuel Marion Simmons married Deliah Windom and their daughter Sarah was my grandmother. She married John Pate in Walton County, FL. and raised a large family in 1800s, 1890s, and 1900-10 period.

Simmons/Alabama

Posted: 15 Nov 1999 12:45AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jan 2003 5:54AM GMT
I have a Thomas Jefferson Simmons, b.1840. He and his sister, Mary Simmons Brannon left Alabama for Texas in 1850 or 1851. They also had a brothr named Frances and another brother (name unknown) living nearby in Talladaga County, Alabama in the 1850 census. Do any of these names fit? G. Simmons Webb
Posted: 15 Nov 1999 12:49AM GMT
Check my response to Mr. Johnson. I too have Alabama Simmons's. Its number 215 under your response to him...G. Webb

simmons

marlene stephenson (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2000 7:53PM GMT
my grandfather's name was: george washington simmons and he was born in 8-21-1905. i do not know where he was born. he married they say several times but the grandmother i know he married in texas was: annie sanders in 9-19-1926. they way he was from alabama and had about 20 children. can you help. thanks

George Washington Simmons

Posted: 4 Jan 2000 10:07PM GMT
My g grandfather, George Washington Simmons was born 21 Oct. 1872 in Coleman County, Texas. His father, Thomas Jefferson Simmons, was born 15 Feb. 1840 in Alabama, possibley Talladega County. If we have a connection, it would be at the latter level. I have very little information on Thomas J. Simmons. He had a sister named Mary Simmons Brannon, whom he was living with by the time he was 9 years old. IN the 1850 census, they lived two doors down from a Frances and Mahalia Simmons who had a teenage boy by the name of Simmons living with them. We believe Frances and this boy were brothers to Thomas and Mary. This is were we come to a dead end. Keep us in mind as you research and maybe we'll find a connection someday. Heres hoping, Gwen

SIMMONS, GEORGE WASHINGTON

MARLENE STEPHENSON (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2000 8:26PM GMT
MY GRANDFATHER CAME TO TEXAS FROM ALABAMA PROBABLY SOMETIME IN 1900 OR A FEW YEARS BEFORE. WE DO NOT KNOW WHERE HE CAME FROM IN ALABAMA. HE TOLD US THAT HE LEFT HIS WIFE AND ALOT OF CHILDREN. ONE OF HIS SONS NAMED ANDREW SIMMONS CAME TO LIVE IN TEXAS AND HE DIED HERE. WHEN MY GRANDFATHER CAME TO TEXAS HE MARRIED MY GRANDMOTHER, MABLE PEARL TODD. MY GRANDFATHER WAS BORN 8-12-1860. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION, PLEASE REPLY. THANKS.

simmons

judy (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2000 8:36PM GMT
i have to say iwant to talk more about your g/f simmons i knew my grandfather had another wife before my granny but i never knew her name it might be the same man.

Re: George Washington Simmons

Posted: 3 Feb 2005 6:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: simmons
Do you have a list of any children for GW? I'm looking for more info on my grandmother Emma Simmons, her father was named George Washington Simmons.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic