Search for content in message boards

Vero Beach Burial Park

Vero Beach Burial Park

Posted: 11 May 2006 11:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a relative who died in Sepember of 1931 in Vero Beach and her obit says she was buried in the "Vero Beach Burial Park". Does anyone know where that cemetery is? What is it called today? Was this a "potter's field"? I would like to find out if she has a tombstone. Her name was Rosa Bondolio.

Thanks,
Roger Anderson

Re: Vero Beach Burial Park

Posted: 27 Dec 2006 11:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bondolio
Mr.Anderson,isn't Potter's Field Cemetery in New York some where acrossed the bay ??..not to be funny but I saw a movie called "I'll never tell" and this girls father stold something from someone and hide it her doll and he was killed and they buried him in Potter's Field Cemetery, maybe I'm wrong, but this is what I think and it was a cemetery for poor...hope this helps.

Posted: 31 Dec 2006 1:58AM GMT
Below is the email address for a Pamela Cooper of the Indian River Genealogical Society. I suggest you email her as to what the name might be today. Indian River County is where Vero Beach is located in Florida.
pcooper@indian-river.lib.fl.us

Good Luck!

Posted: 27 Jul 2010 1:55PM GMT
First, the email for Pam Cooper is no longer valid, I tried it and received a return message the id was no longer in use.

Vero Beach Burial Park was in an area know today as Gifford, a small community just north of Vero Beach and also in Indian River County. Supposedly, all those interned in Vero Burial Park were moved to another cemetery in Vero Beach, Crestlawn Cemetery. There still is a cemetery in Gifford, the Gifford Cemetery, but no one knows for sure if it is in the same location as the Vero Beach Burial Park.

Anyone needing help with internments in Vero Burial Park can contact me; I will do whatever I can to assist.

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 8:37PM GMT
Looking for John Harrison and Elizabeth Jane Mcmahon Harrison. Obit stated they were buried in Vero Beach burial Park. John died Feb 1927 and Elizabeth in Nov 1930.

Posted: 15 Jan 2014 4:29PM GMT
I have never heard of that cemetery. There is Crestlawn Cemetery in Vero Bach, Indian River County, Florida.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions