Re: Guardian Angel Home in Detroit, MI

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 6:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone remember when a like girl pulled lockers on top of her

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 6:14PM GMT
Surnames: Corder
Yes I do recall this incident. I remember believe that the girl who pulled them had a nervous breakdown. She was taken from the orphanage and sent to a facility (I believe it was called "Elouise".) I can ask my older sisters Linda, Donna and Barbie Sue if they remember more about what happened.

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 6:28PM GMT
The little girl died that day and we all had to pray at her coffin.

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 6:34PM GMT
Oh my, how sad. I cannot remember this. Was this little girl in the C group? Was Sister Claudia there?

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 6:37PM GMT
I would love to see the Communion picture, would you be able to send it to me? I have a few pictures that I can forward on to you if you like.

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 6:46PM GMT
I think she was about 5 years old. We also all attended the funeral. I was in Sister Claudia group. I did go to St. Algeria fest recently.

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 6:49PM GMT
May I ask your age? Do you remember any of the other girls in C group? Mary Ellen Stableski? Jeannette Soltis? Also what was this gathering that you attended? I am not familiar with it.

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 7:25PM GMT
Surnames: Corder O'Donaghue
Hi I just wanted to tell you that I turned 60 years of age this year. I was born in 1952 and came to G.A.H. when I was 2. My oldest sister, Linda, had polio. Do you remember her? She's about 4 1/2 years older than me. My 4 sisters and myself were written up in the Detroit News years ago because there were 5 of us living there at the same time. I also have many many stories to share. I have another email address that you can use to contact me on the weekends. sandymaeo@yahoo.com; I look forward to hearing back from you! God Bless! P.S. I have a picture of Sister Claudia that I can send you if you like!

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 8:29PM GMT
Yes I remember most of it. I think I have your sister in communion pic. I will scan and send soon. St. Albertus had a festival 2 weeks ago. It was very touching to walk in there after many years. Please stay in contact with me. susiebelcoure@gmail..
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions