Search for content in message boards

ALFRED LEE MOORE

ALFRED LEE MOORE

Posted: 1 Aug 2012 2:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moore, Shadoin, Cox
Looking for any information about Alfred Lee Moore. He was born in 1927 to William P. Moore and Mattie (Cox) Moore. He was married to Ruth Shadoin and had 2 children, Toni and Terry. He passed away in 1958 at the age of 30. I'd love to know ANYTHING else about him or connect with anybody who knew him or was related!

Thanks

Re: ALFRED LEE MOORE

Posted: 1 Aug 2012 5:46PM GMT
Hi,

I'm glad to see that you got the names sorted out. I found that Alfred had an older brother, Ernest W. Moore, who was still living in 1989. He was apparently the only sibling. In 1930, the family lived at San Patrice in Sabine Parish.

Mattie Cox Moore died on Thursday, April 26, 1973 at age 68. She had been living in Converse, Sabine Parish. At the time, Ernest was in Houston. Other survivors were her husband and sister, Estelle Stockton of Rayville.

William P. married again. He died June 19, 1989 at age 85 in Converse. He resided in Oak Grove. His survivors included Ernest [who lived at Converse], sisters, Gladis Raimond & Gladys Sistrunk [both of Converse], grandchildren, Richard William Moore, Ronald Lynn Moore, Kathy Scroggins & Rebecca Moore [children of Ernest] and Tony & Terry Ragsdale, five great-grandchildren, his wife, Nannie E. Moore and 3 step children.

William's second wife, Nannie Eagan Moore, died 7/30/1999 at age 88.

All three are buried at Oak Grove Cemetery at Converse.

Mattie Cox Moore was the daughter of Will C. and Ada Moore of Mississippi. In 1920, the family was in Sabine Parish. Her siblings were: Luther, Hunter, Ben and Estelle. In 1910, the family was in Copiah Co., MS. Estelle was born in LA ca 1915. Ben was born in MS ca 1909. Therefore, the family came to LA between 1910 and 1915. The son, Hunter Cox, died in Many, LA on 2/5/1968 at age 68. He is buried at Oak Grove Cemetery. His date and place of birth are given as 1/2/1900, Crystal Springs, MS. His daughter was Marie Altum, TX, his brother, Hunter, was in Shreveport, his sister, Mattie Moore, was in Converse and his sister, Mrs. Woodrow [Estelle] Stockton, was in Rayville.

If you'll supply an e-mail address, I'll send copies of those obits. You may be able to find Terry and Toni's first cousins, Richard, Ronald, Kathy and Rebecca.

Hope this helps.

Cheryl

Posted: 1 Aug 2012 6:28PM GMT
2blondeponytails@gmail.com

Thanks a million!!!

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 9:57PM GMT
I am a cousin to Ruth Shadoin Moore Ragsdale. I was only a child when Ruth's husband, who we called "Pete" died. They had 2 children -- the oldest was a girl, Toni, and the second was a boy, Terry. They lived in Benson, Louisiana when he died. I don't know if he was buried in the cemetery there or not.

Posted: 6 Aug 2012 12:04AM GMT
Ruth is my grandma, Terry is my father! I did find some information regarding "Pete" to get me started. Thanks for the reply!

Posted: 7 Aug 2012 2:53AM GMT
My Aunt Leona Cooley married Robert F Shadoin, Anacoco La.
I do remember them talking about Benson La. Maybe he was from there. He was depot agent in Anacoco for many years. They had one child, RFShadoin jr. He lived in Ruston when he died.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions