Search for content in message boards

John Jennings, b. 1860 in Ballinasloe, Galway, Ireland

Damian Mac Con Uladh (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jennings
Looking for information on John Jennings, born Jan 2, 1860 in Ballinasloe (Parish of Kilclooney and Creagh), Ballinasloe, Co Galway, Ireland. Moved away from home before 1900 and moved (possibly) to USA or Scotland. He was the son of John Jennings (1796-1871) and Judith McDonnell (1797-1862). I have almost all of the descendants of this couple researched and would like to exchange info.

I would also like to hear from those researching Jennings families with Irish connections. The name seems to have been common in both England and Ireland, but I have no evidence that the families are connected or were ever connected apart from sharing a common name.

Damian Mac Con Uladh.

Damian Mac Con Uladh (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jennings
Hi,

Sorry, but there doesn't seem to be a link between our families. The family lore you spoke about is probably true. The Jennings name is very popular in parts of Co Mayo. Wishing you all the best in your research.

I have seen Mayo Jennnings postings on this site and also on:

genforum.genealogy.com/jennings

and

www.local.ie/general/genealogy/

All the best

Damian Mac Con Uladh

jennings family

donna burke (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: jennings, lynch, gerrity
hi damien!!1
i have the jennings surname in my tree, a ways back. heres the story.
my ggrandmother was Sarah A. Lynch, daughter of Philip Lynch and Mary Jennings, from Ireland,. I do not know where in Ireland they hail from, but I'm trying!!!
Sarah A/ Lynch was b. 1853, and came to US circa 1870's. She married PAtrick J. Gerrity , not sure if m. in Ireland or US. Anyway they had 8 children and settled in Pennsylvania, and died here. if any of this sounds like a match, can u let me know!? Family lore had it tho, that sarah lynch came from County Mayo, but i have nothing definite.
willing to share the info i have,
donna

John Jennings b. 1790

Posted: 3 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jun 2002 7:08PM GMT
Surnames: Jennings, Tindal, Cummings
My ggggrandfather was John Jennings, b. abt. 1790 in Newry, Ireland. I don't know anything about his parents or siblings. He went to Scotland, where he married Mary Tindal in Barony Lanark in 1813, sired at least 1 child (John Jennings), then left them to go to the USA. The son then married Margaret Cumming in Kilmany, Fife on July 17, 1838. He was a Reverend, and moved with his wife to Toronto, Ontario, Canada, where they had 6 children. Does any of this sound familiar? I would be gratful for any information which you can add. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic