Search for content in message boards

Peterson, Lemuel

Peterson, Lemuel

Posted: 29 Mar 2001 8:21AM GMT
Edited: 19 Nov 2001 4:41PM GMT
28 March, 2001. Seek proof of parents of Lemuel Peterson, born 1764, presumably in Cumberland Co, NJ. In his application for a Revolutionary War pension, which was rejected, he claims he "left his father's house in Cumberland Co, NJ in 1785 to become a privateer". One unsourced old family history book names siblings Henry, William and Jane. Located Henry and William's baptismal records, but none for Lemuel or Jane. Was his father Laurens Peterson? Did Laurens move from Cumberland Co NJ to Gloucester Co NJ? Was Lemuel perhaps born in Gloucester Co and moved back to Cumberland Co? This Henry and William moved to WV, then descendants of one on to KY. Lemuel moved to Deleware, then Ohio territory, then Indiana, then Illinois where he died sometime before 1850. Lemuel was apparently much married, with at least 4 wives and possibly 15 children. Any assistance will be sincerely appreciated. rshep70683@aol.com

lemuel davis peterson

Posted: 23 May 2001 9:49AM GMT
Edited: 13 Sep 2001 6:07PM GMT
hello' i came across your message for lemuel peterson while sherching for my wifes mothers family tree.lemuel was charles henry farther born 1815-1879 he married twice thati could find. 1st emily jane washburn her childern were martha j. 2ndwife mery ellen corothers her childern were charles henry peterson nancy estaline lora bell william brooks.i am still looking for henery peterson's childern i have there names but no prof of there dates. lemuel's farther was william h. peterson 1770-1833 married mary bennett 1785 his farther was laurens peterson from sweden abt. 1740 his wife was nancy jane jones.all my finding's are in west virgina. hope this help's some. my serch is for currence] smith] peterson]johns]holbert]it's hard because most of the relitives are all gone or dont want to talk about them.i have been looking for two years and found quite a few.but there are still holes in the line to fill in.its hard becuse cherokee blood runs in the family and trying too prove that is hard because cherokees were counted as whites if counted at all.hope this help's. from florida happy serching.ps sorry for my typing im new at the computer.

Lemuel Peterson 1764-1845?

Posted: 24 May 2001 4:51PM GMT
Thank you for writing. I believe your Lemuel Davis Peterson is the nephew of the Lemuel I seek. Laurens Peterson had:
Henry
William
Lemuel
Nancy
Henry and William were born in Cumberland Co, NJ and baptized there. Their father apparently moved to Gloucester Co NJ, and while I have no proof, I believe Laurens may have died there, and the boys, Henry and William moved to West Virginia. Lemuel moved to Deleware, then Ohio, then Indiana, then Illinois where he died.

Do you have any information on Lemuel, son of Laurens, and brother of William and Henry?

Reba Shepard from Florida

lemuel peterson 1764-1845

Posted: 25 May 2001 10:52AM GMT
hello.thank'sfor replying. lemuel davis peterson born1815-1879.married twice .emily jane washburn 1866 daughter martha j. 2nd wife mary ellen corothers. lemuel's son charles herny peterson born 1867.married emeline smith in 1888.my wife's grate aunt was charles's daughter charlotte peterson born aug. 1. 1892. in roanoke wv.died nov.24. 1967in connellsville pa. her obt.say's she had a former husband-john wiltrout.died in1957. a surviving husband harry schade- son charles wiltrout of connellsvile 2brother's william c. peterson of zanesville ohio. charles e. peterson of roanoke wv. 2 sister's lora bates of connellsvile-dorothy d. of weston.5grand-3greatgrand children.several nices and nephew's. 1sister mae 4 brother's ralph mathew l. david r. allen g.charles h. peterson was my wife's grandmother's farther.her name was dorothy dell peterson born1891-1938.she married walter l. currence in 1934.charles henery peterson married emeline smith 1888.there children were david r. w.c. allen g. guy. ralph. charles e.dorothy d. lora. mae. 2 infant's died at berith. 13 grand.7greatgrand childern. mywife's mother is dorothy e.peterson .a sister wilda.hope this help's some.i am also trying too trace my wife's cherokee blood line.

lemuel peterson 1764-1845

Posted: 25 May 2001 10:54AM GMT
hello.thank'sfor replying. lemuel davis peterson born1815-1879.married twice .emily jane washburn 1866 daughter martha j. 2nd wife mary ellen corothers. lemuel's son charles herny peterson born 1867.married emeline smith in 1888.my wife's grate aunt was charles's daughter charlotte peterson born aug. 1. 1892. in roanoke wv.died nov.24. 1967in connellsville pa. her obt.say's she had a former husband-john wiltrout.died in1957. a surviving husband harry schade- son charles wiltrout of connellsvile 2brother's william c. peterson of zanesville ohio. charles e. peterson of roanoke wv. 2 sister's lora bates of connellsvile-dorothy d. of weston.5grand-3greatgrand children.several nices and nephew's. 1sister mae 4 brother's ralph mathew l. david r. allen g.charles h. peterson was my wife's grandmother's farther.her name was dorothy dell peterson born1891-1938.she married walter l. currence in 1934.charles henery peterson married emeline smith 1888.there children were david r. w.c. allen g. guy. ralph. charles e.dorothy d. lora. mae. 2 infant's died at berith. 13 grand.7greatgrand childern. mywife's mother is dorothy e.peterson .a sister wilda.hope this help's some.i am also trying too trace my wife's cherokee blood line.

Lemuel Peterson (1764-1845?)

Posted: 25 May 2001 4:51PM GMT
Thanks for your lineage. I am really interested. Lemuel (1764-1855) supposedly married a full blood Cherokee Indian. Maybe one of his brothers did too. What is your family legend about the Indian?

Lemuel's father

Posted: 25 May 2001 4:55PM GMT
You listed the father of William and of Henry as Laurens Peterson, born c 1740 Ireland. Is this fact or family legend? If fact, where is the documentation?

Lemuel as a brother to William and Henry is published in a book called something like Peterson Family, with no source for the information.

Reba

lemuel peterson

Posted: 25 May 2001 6:03PM GMT
lemuel was the farther of charles herny peterson.william h. peterson was the son of laurens petersonborn 1740. sweden. acording to ancestry.com-worldconect project.these co-inside with leter's from family member's. i had a rough time reading them because of shakey hand writing of a 90 yearold woman. also checking through family record's of holbert- johns-smiths-currence-petersons-jacksons-andersons-allthe number's are very close.there is some margin of error but i am sending for birth and marrige certif. but as i have come across in the past some relitives were not recorded due to family fudes and poor recored keeping.when i started this quest it was too prove the cherokee blood line. i hit walls right off.but digging for one person led to some one elise before i knew it ihad relitives coming out of the woodwork's . half my finding's are from letter's from relitives athe other half are from serching the geology web page's. im swamped with tons of papper's with names and dates .iv'e started making family poster's to try and keep tract.it's time consuming but worth it when you find onegood leed.keep serching they are out there just waiting too be found.thank you very much for your interest.davein florida.

Laurens Peterson, c1740- Father of Lemuel?

Posted: 26 May 2001 5:28AM GMT
How very fortunate you are to have family letters! I have none from Lemuel's family, only one written by my own grandmother, his descendant, in the 1930's. Old letters are more readable with a yellow transparency. Have you tried it? Does your letter regarding Laurens mention that he had 4 children? Charles, Henry, Lemuel and Nancy?

I'd be happy to send you a yellow transparency if you are unable to locate one.

Reba Shepard of Florida
rshep70683@aol.com

Re: lemuel peterson 1764-1845

Posted: 4 Feb 2003 8:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a Dorothy Peterson dates are 1-20-1922 to 3-5-1945. married a Lance Jillson. Does this match any of your Dorothy's?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions