Search for content in message boards

Smith family. Descendants of Samuel Farrow & Mary Littlejohn of Thicketty, S.C.

Smith family. Descendants of Samuel Farrow & Mary Littlejohn of Thicketty, S.C.

Posted: 11 Nov 2001 12:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Apr 2002 9:34PM GMT
Surnames: SMITH,Hord, Grimes, Pinson
Want to hear from/contact any/all descendants of Samuel F. and Mary Littlejohn Smith, of Thicketty, S.C. Their children were Morning Elizabeth (wed Daniel, then Goss); Amanda, wed John Daniel; Issac (kids Edna, Vaud of Gaffney, S.C.);William (son, Isaac); Henon or Heron; Lucy/Lucille; Jeany/Jeannie/Jeanie; and Purnice (wed Jessie PINSON, lived in Union Co., S.C. in 1929. Purnice and Jessie had kids:Bently (RR man in Indiana); Mosie (RR Sect. Forman, Spartanburg, S.C. in 1930); Haden (Yard Master in Spartanburg, S.C. 1930; Arazony wed John Price (RR Div., Union Co., S.C.); Nanne/Nancy wed John Alexander, policeman in Charlotte, N.C.; Jauneda wed Tom Mulligan (from Thicketty, S.C.); Edna wed Richard Garrison (also RR man in Spartanburg, S.C.), Lois wed Frasier of Charlotte, N.C.; Clara wed Harrison Stevens of California; Lena wed Randolph Odom (Odom died 1930?)-kids: Flavi (wed Scott Green, lived Columbia, S.C. in 1930); Agnes wed Ed Husky, kids: Cecile (wed Henry Huckaby, kids: Frank, Brandis, Lester, ?unknown, Genette; Cecile 2wed to John Richard HORD-kids: Travis (kids: Felmer, Clarency) Clarency had kids: Steedly (19 yrs old in 1930), Anzy, 17 in 1930; Geneva (oldest of Agnes) wed Ross GRIMES, had kids: Jerrel and Charley. Lounelle HORD (Agnes youngest) lived with Geneva Hord in Kannapolis, N.C. in 1930. Would like any info on these people or their descendants. Morning Elizabeth "Betty" Smith was my gmother (she wed a Daniel first, then my gfather, Robert "Bob" Goss. I am Bob Goss's gdaughter. Thanks for any help.

Re: SMITH: descendants of Samuel Farrow Smith & Mary Littlejohn

Posted: 14 Nov 2001 3:58AM GMT
Surnames: SMITH, LITTLEJOHN, PINSON, HUSKY, HUCKABY, HORD, GRIMES
Want to hear/contact any descentants of (Col.) Samuel Farrow Smith and wife Mary Littlejohn Smith. Their daughter, Morning Elizabeth
Betty" Smith first married man named Daniel, then Goss. I am grandaughter of Betty Smith and Robert "Bob" Goss. Thanks for any help.

Re: Smith family. Descendants of Samuel Farrow & Mary Littlejohn of Thicketty, S.C.

Posted: 16 Nov 2001 12:49AM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Littlejohn, Pinson,Price, Alexander, Mulligan, Garrison, Stevens, Odom, Green, Huckaby, Hord, Grimes
Looking for descendants of Samuel Farrow Smith and wife Mary Littlejohn, from Thicketty, S.C. Daughters married men last name of Daniel, Pinson, Price, Alexander, Mulligan, Garrison, Frasier, Stevens, Odom, Green, Husky, Huckaby, and Hord. Most all of daughters and their children married people who worked for railroads in 1880's. Clara Pinson, daughter of Purnice Smith and Jesse Pinson, married man named Harrison Stevens either of California or moved to Calif. Would like to hear/contact any of descendants of these people. They are my grandmother Betty Smith Daniel Goss' sisters/brothers' descendants. Thanks for any help.

Re: Smith family. Descendants of Samuel Farrow & Mary Littlejohn of Thicketty, S.C.

R Leslie Prince (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2006 11:24AM GMT
Sorry for not seeing this before and excuse me if I had previously talked with you. My ggrandfather was Moses Pinson s/o Jesse Pinson (s/o Martin Pinson and Nancy Pinson) and his wife was Mary Calpernia Smith (d/o Capt Samuel F Smith and Mary Calpernia Littlejohn). All of my data is on Familytreemaker.com at:
http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/p/r/i/Raymond-L-Prince/...
Let me know if you get this and if you can share any info on Samuel Smith and his family.
Thank You

Posted: 4 Dec 2011 8:15PM GMT
Edited: 4 Dec 2011 11:15PM GMT
I am the granddaughter of Geneva Hord (daughter of Agnes Smith Huskey Hord and John Richard Hord of Gaffney, SC). She was born Geneva Jesse Hord Oct. 4, 1907 in Gaffney, SC her parents were John Richard Hord and Agnes Smith Hord, I understand by a 1910 census they had 8 children living in their home at that time. 1)girl-Cecil Huskey, 2)boy-Farrow Huskey, 3)boy-Crawley Huskey, 4)boy-Travis Hord, 5)boy-Felmer Hord, 6)boy-Clarence Hord, 7)girl-Geneva Hord, 8)girl-Lunelle Hord. I understand from memories and tales of my grandmother's childhood they lived on a farm in Gaffney, SC and had some slaves that worked for her father or owned by her father and my grandmother adored them and often referred to one of them as motherly to her, and that my grandmother and her mother had an awful relationship to the point that my grandmother only married my grandfather to get away from her own mother. I would love to know more tales and I would like to know who Samuel Farrow Smith's parents names are and follow up research further and also would like more info on the family, also looking for any info on my grandfather Ross Grimes, he and my grandmother born 7 children together. Jerrell R., Bobby R., Charlie, Eugene V., Sarah, Daphne, and my dad James Brannon.

Love to hear from you,
Donna Lisa (Grimes) Galyan

Posted: 6 Dec 2011 3:00AM GMT
Surnames: Goss, Dunn, Smith, Littlejohn,Pinson,Husky, Huckaby, Hord,Grimes.
Hello, Donna.
Today is Dec.5, 2011, I was sent your message from Ancestry.com. to my computer.
I posted my inquiry way back years ago, when I was married to Jasper Dunn, who passed away 2 years ago. I remarried, and now am Betty Dyer, and live near Alma, AR (Kibler area, south of Alma).

My Dad was Harvey Milton Goss. His mother was Elizabeth Morning Smith (maiden name), who married Robert F. Goss, my Dad's Dad. Elizabeth Morning Smith was my Grandmother, and daughter of Samuel Farrow Smith and Mary Littlejohn, of Thicketty, S.C., near Gaffney, S.C.
One of my Grandmother Goss's sisters was Mary Calpurnia (Purnice) Smith, who married a Jessie Pinson, and they lived in Union County, S.C. (according to records my Dad left me).
Purnice and Jesse Pinson had children: Bently, Mosie, Haden or Hayden, Arazona, Nancy, Jauneda, Edna, Lois, Clara, Lena, and Agnes. Agnes married Ed Huskey.
Agnes and Ed had only one child that I've heard of, Cecile. she married Henry Huckaby, they had 5 children. Henry died, I guess.
Then Cecile wed second time to John Richard HORD. Their kids were: Travis (had 5 kids); Felmer (no kids); Clarency had girl Steedly who was 19 years old in 1930;
girl, Anzy (Arizony?) 17 yrs old in 1930; and Geneva,(oldest child of Agnes)) wed John Richard HORD, had kids: Travis, Felmer, Clarency.
Clarency Hord had kids :girl, Steedly, Anzy, Geneva Hord, who married Ross Grimes.
Geneva and Ross Grimes had: 2 boys, Jerrel and Charle.

That's about far as my record go, except my notes have a Lounelle Hord being youngest girl of Agnes Pinson Hord., and Geneva was living with Lounelle in Kannapolis, N.C. in 1930. Don't know why. Old age, maybe, and Depression was on at that time.

Hope I"ve been of some help. If you think we're on same page, or we can help each other on our Smith Family History, be glad to get with you.

My email is: dutch736@yahoo.com
Be glad to hear from you.

Posted: 16 Jul 2012 10:50AM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2012 10:54AM GMT
Surnames: Pinson Smith
I am a descendant of Jesse Pinson and Mary Calpernia Smith. I am looking for any photos or other info on this family. I had not heard of Mary referred to as Purnice. And the names of their children seemed to be spelled phonetically rather than the spellings that I had seen from family members. An older responce to this thread from me is listed above and has my family tree web site URL. That URL does not work now. Here is the new URL.

http://www.genealogy.com/users/p/r/i/Raymond-L-Prince/index....

Thanks
R L Prince

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 6:05PM GMT
Hi Betty, sorry its been so long for my reply, i just not on here much at all.....anyway my grandmother geneva did have a younger sister names lounelle hord that lived in kannapolis we called her aunt nelle she had a daughter named peggy and peggy has children although i dont remember any of their names. So some where down the line we seem to be related thru the hord side.

So nice to meet you, hope to learn more from you
"Gidget" my grandmothers nickname for me

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 6:19PM GMT
After seeing your post, i am now so confused as to whom i am related to, always thought agnes was my ggmother and john richard hord my ggfather but your saying agnes and clarency hord are geneva parents? Or agnes and ed? Or cecile and john?
Help clarify please
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions