Search for content in message boards

Strasbaugh, Strasbach

Strasbaugh, Strasbach

Martina Breeden (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for more information on the Strasbaugh (Strasbach)-family.
My husband's great-great-grandmother was Emma (or Emiline) J. Strasbaugh (1876-1961). Her parents were Jacob Strasbaugh (1840-1907) and Lovina Ruth (1840-1898). Jacob's parents were: Jacob Strasbaugh born 1809 and Mary Strasbaugh born 1810. His parents were Michael Strasbach (1765-1841) and Margaretta Brichner (1769-1839).
I have some information on siblings, but mostly no decendants.
Any help is appreciated! Martina Breeden

Strausbaugh Family

Michelle (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Strausbaugh, Strasbach

I just saw your query. I have the info you need. I'll begin with Michael and Margaretta (Margaretha). They have ten children: Catherine, Joannes Michael (which I'm desended from), Polly, Maria Magdalena, Georgius, Samuel, Henericus, Peter, JACOB, and Margaretha.
  Michael's father is also named Michael. He was born in 1740 and died in
1796. He married Eva Catherine Staub (1744-1812). They have eleven children: John, MICHAEL, Catherine, Matlena (Magdalena), Peter, Elizabeth, Jacob, Henry, Adam, Mary, and Nicholas.
  Next up the chain is Nicholas Strasbach. He and his wife Catherine Gerard arrived here on September 16, 1736 from Bas-Rhine, Saulxures, France. They married on Jan. 29, 1718. They came with six children and had four more after arriving. The children are: Anna Marguerite, Barbara, Mary Ann, Nicholas Jr., Margaret, John, Matlena (Lena), Judith, Catherine, and MICHAEL.
  Hope that helps.

Adam Strausbaugh

Debbie Winstone (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Strausbaugh, Fissel, Mummert, Kaltrider, Dietz, Heistand, Wolf
I am researching the Strausbaugh family from York Co., PA. I have gone back as far as Nicholas Abraham Strausbaugh married to Maria Kaltrider. His 2nd wife was Susan Mummert. They had 4 children together: Magdalena, Mandilla, Abraham, and Adam. Maria died shortly after Adam was born. I have that Nicholas's father was also named Adam Strausbaugh and his mother was Mary (Margaret) Fissel. Your message had alot of the same Given Names. I was wondering if Michael and Eva could be Adam's parents.

Adam Strausbaugh

Angela Smith (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Strausbaugh, Staub, Fissel, Mummert
I have it from unproven sources that Adam Strausbaugh (Father of Nicholas Strausbaugh) was himself the son of Michael Strausbaugh and Eva Catharine Staub.

Michael Strausbaugh was the son of Nicholas Strausbuagh and Catherine ______.

Eva Catharine Staub was the daughter of John Adam Staub and Anna Catharine Bewertz. Anna Bewertz was the daughter of John.

All the families were Catholic and appear in the records of Conewago Chapel in Adams County PA and Goshenhoppen Mission in Reading, Berks Co, PA.

Leonard, Strausbaugh(Strassbach), Runk

Shari Moore (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Runk, Runck, Leonard, Strausbaugh, Strassbach
I am looking for information on a Margaretha or Margaret Leonard Strassbach Runk. She should have been born around 1820. She was a member of the Sacred Heart of Mary Catholic Church outside of Abbottstown, but in Paradise Twp., York County. From what I have found she was born a Leonard and marrried a Strassbach first. Then she married Moses Runk. I would be interested to know her first husband's name, if they had any children, etc.

Re: Leonard, Strausbaugh(Strassbach), Runk

Posted: 25 Jul 2001 5:58PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jul 2001 6:05PM GMT
Surnames: strausbaugh
hi my name is amanda and my grandparents last name is strausbaugh my great grandmother was a leonard before she married my great grandfather if i could be any help let me know maybe we could help each other

Re: Adam Strausbaugh

Neil Strausbaugh (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2001 5:40PM GMT
Would you by any chance have any other information on the Strausbaugh's of Adams County? Particularly around and near the Conewago Chapel. My Fathers name is Dale and His fathers name was Claude.

Angela Smith (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2001 2:00AM GMT

You are descendants of: Nicholas Strausbaugh:

1 Nicholas Strausbaugh b. 171_ Salm
m. Catharine ______ b. 171_
2 Michael Strausbaugh b. @1740 d. 1796
m. Eva Catherine Staub b. Apr 14 1744 Albany Twp, Berks Co, Pa d. Jun 7 1812 York/Adams Co, Pa
3 Michael Strausbaugh b. May 17 1765 d. Jul 24 1841 York/Adams Co, Pa
m. Margaret Breighner m. @1790 b. May 28 1769 d. Mar 31 1838 York/Adams Co, Pa
4 George Strausbaugh b. Mar 21 1799 Paradise Twp, York Co, Pa
m. Maria ______ m. @1822 b. 1805
m. Catharine Rutledge m. Feb 8 1827 Sacred Heart RCC,Conewago Twp,AdamsCo,PA b. 180_
5 Ismael Strausbaugh b. Aug 2 1832 York/Adams Co, Pa d. 1889 York/Adams Co, Pa
m. Susan Fissel m. Jan 29 1854 Sacred Heart RCC,Conewago Twp,AdamsCo,PA b. @1832
6 John Cornelius Strausbaugh b. Jun 24 1855 York/Adams Co, Pa d. Apr 28 1924 Hanover area, York Co, PA
m. Ann Mary Jacobs m. @1878 b. Feb 1856 d. Jun 20 1910 Hanover area, York Co, PA
7 Augustus Eugene Strausbaugh b. Mar 19 1885 York/Adams Co, Pa d. Apr 20 1965 York/Adams Co, Pa
m. Rose Weaver b. Oct 16 1888 Illinois d. Dec 24 1954 York/Adams Co, Pa
8 Claude Ignatius Strausbaugh b. Dec 19 1907 Hanover area, York/Adams Co, PA d. May 1975 Hanover area, York/Adams Co, PA

Ted von Mwchow (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2001 3:38AM GMT
There is a slight error in the previous reply.
The parents of Michael Strasbaugh were Nicholas Strasbach born @1696 and Catherine Gerard the documentation follows for the French Salm records. Michael was born in Penna. circa 1740 to this Nicholas as recorded in Administrative papers in York county. He is not the son of Nicholas born in 1721.

FHC Film 796883: Saulsure/Saulxures, Bas-Rhin, France, Parish Registers 1706 – 1792

MARRIAGES:

29 Jan 1718: Nicolas (written over Jean crossed out) Strasbach and Catherine Gerard both inhabitants of Saulsure; witnesses: Jean Ferry, Pierre Benoit, Nicolas Melot

BAPTISMS:

19 Dec 1719: Anne daughter of Nicolas Strasbach and Catherine Gerard; godfather: Pierre Benoit; godmother: Odile Gerard

6 Aug 1721: Nicolas son of Nicolas Strarbarch(Strasbach) and Catherine Gerard; godfather: Nicolas Gerard; godmother: Margueritte Mengin of La Forge

12 Oct 1724: Marie daughter of Nicolas Strarbarch(Strasbach) and Catherine Gerard; godfather: Jean Clavelin; godmother: Marie Gerard

15 Jul 1727: Barbe daughter of Nicolas Strarbarche(Strasbach) and Catherine Gerard; godfather: Jean Michel; godmother: Barbe Gerard

21 Jun 1729: Marguerite daughter of Nicolas Strasbach and Catherine Gerard; godfather: Nicolas Georgeon; godmother: Marguerite Rain

7 Nov 1731 (written as 1732, but in sequence as 1731, which fits with later birth date of Jean Strasbach): Rose legitimate daughter of Nicolas Strarbach and Catherine Gerard. Godfather: Jean Martin; godmother: Marie Le Boube

3 Aug 1733: Jean leg. son of Nicolas Strarbach and Catherine Gerard. Godfather: D. (Dominique) Ory; godmother: Catherine Bastien

19 Aug 1735: Joseph leg. son of Nicolas Strasbach and Quaterine (Catherine) Gerard. Godfather: Francois Gerard; godmother: Anne Le Boueme

Ted von Mechow (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2001 3:52AM GMT
I also have it from unproven sources that Adam born in 1778 was the son of Michael Strasbaugh and Catherine Staub.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions