Search for content in message boards

Will of Thomas Harden (1856)

Will of Thomas Harden (1856)

Posted: 23 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 9 Sep 2003 1:57PM GMT
Surnames: Harden, Castiloe, Byrum, Barnacastle, Keeter
Thomas Harden was the son of Thomas Harden.

In the name of God, amen. I Thomas Harden of the State of North Carolina and County of Bertie, being of sound and perfect mind and memory, blessed of God, do this the 2nd day of September in the year of our Lord (1856) make and publish this my last and testament in manner following.

Viz: First I leave to my beloved wife the tract of land, house and plantation where I lived during her lifetime and after death to my son Hardy L.B. Harden to him and his heirs forever; also I leave to my wife two beds and furniture and one safe and contents and one chanepress and contents, also one large chest and one small chest and two iron pots and one tea kettle, one spider and one oven and two cows and calves and one sow and pigs and one table and six chairs and fifty dollars in money and one horse and cart and after her death or decease I give them to be divided equally between my son Levi Harden and Hardy L.B. Harden and Cary Byrum. Also to my wife two bee hives to be divided after her death like the above; also one loom to be divided after her death.

Also to Priscilla Castiloe, my granddaughter I leave one cow and calf and five dollars in money. Also I leave to my grandson John Byrum two dollars in money. Also I leave to my son Thomas Harden five dollars in money. Also I leave to my daughter Betsey five dollars in money. Also to my daughter Celia the same amount in money; and also to Steven Buck five dollars in money. Also to Charles C. Barnacastle I leave one cow and calf.

The residue of my property I want sold and divided equally between my son Levi Harden, Hardy L. Harden and Cary Byrum and I hereby make and ordain my sons Levi and Hardy executors of this my last will and testament in witness whereof I the said Thomas Harden have to this my last will and testament set my hand and seal in the day and date above written. Signed, sealed, published and declared by the said Thomas, the testator as his last will and testament in the presence of us who was present at the time of signing and sealing.

Thomas Harden (seal)
Charles C. Barnacastle
Charles L. Keeter

Re: Will of Thomas Harden (1856)

ruth vance (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2003 6:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Harden,Gregory,Pierce, Brown,Vance
I see you had the will of Thomas Harden Jr. Are you related to him direct decendent- I am related to his brother Aquilla Harden. He is my GGG Grandfather.

Suzan Speropoulos (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2003 11:15PM GMT
Yes, Thomas Jr. is my 4x-grandfather. Email me privately at katiesue1@msn.com

Suzan

Suzan Speropoulos (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 2003 3:20AM GMT
Email has changed to katiesue@cox.net

Posted: 27 Aug 2003 4:42AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 22 Sep 2003 9:04AM GMT
Surnames: Harden
My line starts with My Grandfather James E. Harden[b.1926 d1987,] His Father is Rhoden M.Harden[b1893 d 1959 WW1 vet]His Father is Thomas Harden[b.1870 d.1925 married to Magnora Phelps] His Father is Hardy L.B.Harden [b.1823 d.1891 married to Agnes Cullipher] His Father is Thomas Harden[b.abt1780 married to Priscilla Pearse.] His Father is Thomas Harden [b. 1747 married to Sarah Lawrence] All were born in Bertie co. NC. Hardy Harden's was brother was Levi Harden. I have alot more info about brothers and sisters but still looking for more.Maybe we can share information.

Suzan (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2003 10:28PM GMT
Levi, brother to your Hardy is my 3x-grandfather. I would love to exchange information. I have some pictures as well. Email me privately at katiesue@cox.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions