Search for content in message boards

Harris, John Lee

Harris, John Lee

Betty C. Andrews (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2005 2:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Can anyone tell the the relationship of John Lee Harris to William Harris who married Mary C. Harris.
Shawna' web site has him as son of William Harris and Mary Dillard.
Thanks,
Betty

Re: Harris, John Lee

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2005 1:30AM GMT
Surnames: HARRIS, BRYSON, QUEEN
I have two John Lee Harris's, one born 1822 who md. Sarah Bryson and one born 1847 who md. Mary Jane "Molly" Queen. Are either one of these the John Lee Harris you are asking about?

Re: Harris, John R.

Posted: 9 Aug 2005 6:55PM GMT
Thanks Linda, but I don't think either. The 1860 census page 323 #636 of Jackson Co., NC has William Harris and Mary Harris family with J. age 1. The 1870 census #29 has John age 11. The 1880 census gives John 21. The William Harris here is listed after Benjamin and Mary E. Harris so John could not be the son listed on Shawna's web site as John Lee Harris born 1847. Her John Lee Harris married Molly Jane Queen. If this is truly the son of William and Mary C. (Harris) Harris, I would like to add him to the family. Any help would be appreciated. Thad Harris' death certificate gave Dillard as Mary's maiden name. My information has been Mary C. Harris, daughter of Benjamin and Frances Michel, as indicated in Ben's will.
Thanks,
Betty

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2005 9:51AM GMT
Surnames: Harris, Hogan, Glazener
Betty, in looking again at my database notes, I have that John Lee Harris b. 1847 who married Molly Queen was "the son of John Phillip Harris b. 1825 in NC or SC and Mary Jane Hogan b. Feb 1826 in McDowell Co, NC
Name: John Phillip Harris Sex: M Birth: 1825 in NC or SC
Death: BEF 14 AUG 1864 in Point Lookout prison, MD
Burial: 14 AUG 1864 mass burial, Marys co., MD
Reference Number: 14263

Marriage 1 Mary Jane Hogan b: FEB 1826 in McDowell co., NC
Married: 17 AUG 1845 in McDowell co., NC

Name: Mary Jane Hogan Sex: F Birth: FEB 1826 in McDowell co., NC
Death: 8 FEB 1902 in Edneyville, Henderson co., NC
Burial: AFT 8 FEB 1902 Mountain Home Baptist cemetery, Edneyville, NC "

Source--Dan Johnson, Johnson Pyatte page on Ancestry.com

Do you know the parents of William Harris in the 1860 Jackson Co NC census? I have a William K. Harris b. abt 1825 son of John Fletcher and Jane GLAZENER Harris that I have no further info about.

Have you corresponded with Andy Harris?

Posted: 10 Aug 2005 10:04PM GMT
Linda, Thank you! I am glad you have John Lee Harris as son of Phillip Harris. That agrees with article #789 in Jackson Co. Heritage II. This John Lee Harris was born 12 years before the John, son of William and Mary C. Harris as listed on the 1860, 1870 and 1880 Jackson Co census. I would like to add William Harris' parents and lineage. Do you have proof of William K. Harris b abt 1825, son of John Fletcher Harris and Jane Glazener Harris. Were they in Jackson Co?
No, I have not corresponded with Andy Harris, but would like to if he has Harris history. Thanks! Betty

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2005 4:11AM GMT
Surnames: HARRIS
I've passed your message along to Andy. He'll be able to help you much better than I could
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions